Catholic Weddings
Options

wedding timeline

Hi ladies! FI is Catholic, so we will be getting married in the church. (I consider myself non-deonom and am not ready to convert right now, but see it happening in the future) and we realized today that they only doing weddings at 1pm- we had been told 4pm would work. We were planning on dinner. Did any of you have 1pm weddings? Do you think the timeline below is reasonable?

1:00 Ceremony
2:15  Guests- leave to reception venue, BP- pictures in church
2:30-4:00pm Cocktail/heavy apps, BP- arrive at 4pm. 
4:30 dinner

I'm not sold. Any input would be appreciated!!

Re: wedding timeline

• Options
    We had a 2:00 wedding, with dinner served at 5.

If you're not loving having dinner at 4:30 (which really might be fine -- your guests will be eating lunch early to make it to the church by 1:00), you could extend your cocktail hour another 30 minutes.

Keep in mind that you'll be doing an entrance and your first dance as soon as the WP arrives, so that will take an extra 15 minutes.

Our timeline looked like this:
    2:00-3:00 Ceremony
    3:00-3:30 Guests travel to Reception
    Mr. and Mrs. finish pics
    3:30-4:30 Cocktails and hors d'ourves
    4:00-4:30 Wedding party travels to Reception
    4:45-5:00 Grand Entrance
    First Dance
    5:00-6:00 Dinner

So you could maybe get your first dance and your father/daughter mother/son dances out of the way and then everyone eats?
    Anniversary

• Options
    Congratulations Professor!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i think youll be ok because people will be hungry at that time because iwht a 1pm wedding they probably either ate an early lunch or no lunch at all.
  • Options
    Our timeline looked pretty similar to Prof's, and it worked out fine, even in the summer with a later sunset. We did our grand entrance, first dance, and had our priest say grace as soon as we got in. I think you'll be fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_wedding-timeline-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:706a9bdb-201c-46b1-a8be-3bef945a4318Post:53a84d5a-37d1-4de6-8896-3a66095d1425">Re: wedding timeline</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our timeline looked pretty similar to Prof's, and it worked out fine, even in the summer with a later sunset. We did our grand entrance, first dance, and <strong>had our priest say grace as soon as we got in. </strong>I think you'll be fine.
    Posted by bibliophile2010[/QUOTE]

<div>I forgot about this, but you could also have a blessing which would push your dinner back even more.</div>
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards