40-Plus Brides
Options

Veils

Hi ladies. I am a second time bride at 47 !! I am widowed, and my fiance has never been married. He is also 47. I can't decide what to wear in my hair ( I think my hair will be up, my dress is strapless). I was thinking of a flower, but it is going to be hot (Florida in July). I don't want the flower to wilt. Now I am thinking birdcage veil, but I don't want to look too old, or too young. lol. Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated - thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Veils

• Options
    I didn't wear a veil, but they didn't really look right with my Grecian inspired dress.  My daughter wore a fascinator, which had a few feathers and a black and white flower.  WE got it from a site on Etsy; you might try there.  I love the idea of a flower in the hair in Florida.
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NMINMI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    A nice hair clip would look nice, too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker86 Invited image
    57 Aye!Will be in port! image
    16 Nay,be out to sea. image
    13 Are floundering! image
  • Options
    I don't think a birdcage will make you look young or old. They're gorgeous! I personally hate the idea of a veil over a woman's face, but I do love the glam look of a birdcage veil and maybe because they're shorter, I don't have the same kind of issues with them that I have with a longer veil (or maybe I'm just a hypocrite and like them in spite of myself because they're pretty!). Honestly, I think you can do whatever appeals to you -- the birdcage, flowers, nothing...
  • Options

I am probably not wearing a veil but mostly because I am doing a small intimate ceremony in Central Park.  I am probably wearing a hair clip.  One website I found is
     http://edwardberger.com/index.asp.

• Options
    I don't really like veils over the face either. I like the idea of a birdcage though. I am definitely leaning towards it. Thanks for your ideas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would go with a flower or a hair clip or comb. I was just going to a comb with crystals and my daughter talked me into a veil. So  I got both. The things I do for my children..lol..I figure the veil will come off after the ceremony so what the heck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    How about a silk flower? It won't wilt. Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards