Georgia-Atlanta

Overwhelmed, planning from Nashville

Hi,
I am trying to plan a wedding in Atlanta/ North GA from Nashville and am getting totally overwhelmed. We were hoping for the end of March but now I'm worried we're going to run out of time if we don't find something soon. We're definitely on a limited budget and will probably have between 125-150 people. If you could be so kind as to give some suggestions of places that you found, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Re: Overwhelmed, planning from Nashville

• edited December 2011
    What are you looking for outdoor/indoor?
  • edited December 2011
    I think end of March will be enough time.  We had a 9 month long engagement and were able to get everything together in plenty of time.  You do have to get started soon though, as you mentioned. 

How limited is your budget?  And what kind of place are you looking for?  If you look a few miles outside of Atlanta things will be cheaper. 

We were married at the Defoor Centre which is an art gallery.  We had about 130 guests attend but originally invited 180.  Defoor Centre does the catering, cake, alcohol, and even centerpieces if you want to use their black candelabras.  They don't charge extra for a lot of the stuff other places do, like for linens and cake cutting. 

Another place I was considering was the Pinetree Country Club in Kennessaw.  Although you have to get married outside if you want the ceremony there and in March the weather could be iffy. 

Check out AtlantaBridal.com - they have lots of reception halls to look through.  And just start calling any places you think might work - don't send emails because some places take longer to respond and you are going for speed here :)
    Photobucket
  • shillinglashillingla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really care if it's inside or outside. I think we are going to look at The Chimneys at Big Canoe though!
  • edited December 2011

The venue depends on what your budget is..... but Little Gardens in Lawrenceville, the Piedmont Room in Atlanta, and Pristine Chapel in Jonesboro is nice.

• edited December 2011
    I actually live just outside of Nashville, I completely get your frustration of planning an out of town wedding! We are getting married at Big Canoe in September, its absolutely gorgeous up there & not very far from Nashville which helps if some people won't be able to stay over night for your wedding. If you haven't checked out Big Canoe yet, I'd suggest giving it a shot they have been wonderful to work with on everything so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Did you find your venue?
  • Sher052Sher052 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain! I just moved to Kennesaw from Donelson last year and we started planning our wedding at a place in Mt. Juliet. We decided it would be too much stress and hassle so we decided, after looking at a ton of places here, to have it at Hill Manor. It's a very simple location outdoors at a victorian home. 
    You are brave to be planning from so far away! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards