Moms and Maids
Options

Ex Best Friend Reuniting **HELP**

My best friend got married in summer 2011. I was supposed to be a bridesmaid in her wedding but ended up backing out. Well techinically I told her I wasn't sure if I can be in her wedding anymore and I would let her know the next day, well when I called her the next day she already found someone else. I had told her I didnt know if I could be in her wedding because of many reasons but mainly due to the other bridesmaids in her wedding and the nasty things they did to me ( looking back on it I should have never backed out of my best friends wedding and just delt with the stuff I was dealing with , with the other bridesmaids) BUT ANYWAYS- long story short- (trying haha) My best friend , well ex best friend I guess, we didnt talk for a whole year until I contacted her, we have talked a few times now, and are going to start hanging out again, when we talked it didnt even seem like a year had past that we havent spoke. Well I am getting married Summer 2013, and if this fight would have never happened she would have always been the one to be my maid of honor. If things get back to the way it used to be (before the fight) would it be weird to ask her to be my maid of honor? I have other bridesmaids but even through our fight, I cant picture anyone else being my maid of honor

Re: Ex Best Friend Reuniting **HELP**

• Options
    I think it's up to you who you have for your MOH.  It's often said here that kicking someone out of your wedding party is a friendship ending move.  If you're able to overcome it, more power to you.  As for me, I'd probably pick someone else or not have a MOH at all.
  • Options
    You've got plenty of time to re-develop your friendship and see where it goes - and if it leads to her being your MOH.  Give it time - no need to decide or ask her yet.  See how you feel in a few months.
  • Options
    There's no need to ask anyone to be in your WP until NEXT year.  There's plenty of time to find out what kind of friends you two become.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

At the time , I told my best friend about the issues of the other girls and my "best friend" said she didnt want to hear it and it was up to us to figure it out because she was already stressed out enough, yeah not very nice of her either. I just dont like to hold grudges against people because life is too short but again I dont want people to walk all over me. I am going to wait it out like all you girls said and see where this friendship leads to again. Thanks for all your help girls! I feel pressured into making up my wedding party but really I guess I do have time yet! :)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards