Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower Dillemma

I need some help/suggestions. My guest list for my bridal shower is a wide mix of age groups. I have ladies as young as 18 and as old as 85. I want to have a party that will be compatibale with both age groups of folks, but I have a feeling that maybe some of my younger, ladies may be a bit rambunctious for the older crowd. Should I have two parties or should I try to find a way to bridge the two? Please help!

Re: Bridal Shower Dillemma

• danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    A bridal shower shouldn't be too rambunctious.  It's usually just some food, cake, and you opening gifts.  The bachelorette party would be where you can get a little more goofy or wild or whatever. 

My bridal shower had a huge range of ages too.  We had it at a little tea shop place and had lunch and tea and cake, opened gifts, socialized, and that was it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sure it will be ok, it is just opening gifts and lunch or brunch or whatever!
  • quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have two different people offered to throw you showers?  If so, you can accept both and divide the guest list however you like.  But I can't imagine what you think is going to happen at a shower that would be too much for the older folks.  If it's just being around some louder young people, they're going to have the same problem at the wedding, won't they?
    Married 10/2/10
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!! I
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards