Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Maggianos

We are thinking about having Maggianos do our catering. It seems like it will be most affordable since we just need to buy the total amount of food, not pay per person and then end up having some people not come. Anyone have experience with their catering?
Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg

Re: Maggianos

• SimplyME22SimplyME22 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Answer
    edited September 2012
    I'd recommend posting this on your local board.  This is a national board so you have users from all over and are less likely to find some that have experience with that caterer.
  • I agree with the PP--but a girl on my local had her reception at Maggiano's and was very happy with it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_maggianos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:4bbb05ec-37e0-4d6b-b94e-234630b104fdPost:287076b1-f727-4811-ad10-790982ee5a18">Re: Maggianos</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd recommend posting this on your local board.  This is a national board so you have users from all over and are less likely to find some that have experience with that caterer.
    Posted by SimplyME22[/QUOTE]

Except that Maggiano's is a national chain, so...
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Our Maggiano's has wonderful food. I have been there several times for private parties as well as just dining.  Are you thinking of takeout or having the party there?
  • I don't know about their catering, but some friends had their reception at Maggiano's a few years ago and it was awsome.  Truly one of the best receptions I've been to as far as the food - it was served family style and there was an AMAZING dessert buffet.
    imageAnniversary
  • They would be bringing the food to our venue. We would pay for large orders of dishes, they would set them up and our venue would provide the staffing.  I just really don't want to pay a caterer per head, and then end up not having 20 people come.  That's $400 or more just lost!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
  • Why don't you get a couple different takeout dinners from Maggianos and see how they taste after traveling? We have gotten takeout from our Maggianos and some things travel better than others.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards