Oklahoma
Options

Wedding dress shopping

I know davids bridal, but where else can I go wedding dress shopping at near or in Tulsa???
Also who did you bring with you to go shopping????

Re: Wedding dress shopping

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if there is an Alfred Angelo near you, but you could go there
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    Nickie431Nickie431 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been nearly every place  in Tulsa.  Besides David's Bridal, I know of:

Alfred Angelo (71st St. near Barnes & Noble)
    Bridal Elegance (43rd & Mingo)
    Alyssa's (68th & Memorial)
    Facchianos (71st & Garnett)
    Abelina's (The Farm Shopping Center at 51st & Sheridan)

I had the best service at Bridal Elegance and Abelina's, followed by Facchianos.  Deborah at Bridal Elegance has been in business for 22 years and really tried her hardest to find or customize a gown that was right for me.  Her prices were more affordable than the other two.

Wherever you go, call ahead to book an appointment so you'll have better service.  I just went by myself, intending to weed through gowns and have my mom and future mom-in-law help me make the final selection.  I was disappointed in the selection in Tulsa and so am considering having a gown custom made at Abelina's.  Take only one or two people (mom, sister, friend) who respect your taste and budget.  I actually had a good time going alone, so that's an option, too, and then have someone come with you to make the actual decision.

Best wishes!

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
  • Options
    matt&britmatt&brit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much Nickie!!!! Your comment is very helpful!!! I know I want my mom there, but I know all my bridesmaids are gonna want to come, but maybe I will have them come for the final pick!
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took my mom and sister to go shopping.  My dad stopped by when I found "the" dress because I wanted his opinion.  I took a few of my bm's and future mother and sister in law back to show them before final purchase.  I think it could have been REALLY overwhelming to have anyone besides my mom and sis there.  Trusted opinions were really helpful!  I hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards