Wedding Party

MOH/BM question

Ok ladies I am in need of some advice/support. My fiancé and I decided early on in our planning that we did NOT want to have a MOH or a BM. He does not want to choose between his friends and I do not want to choose between my sisters. My mother and 4 of my bridesmaids (4 out of the 5 are my sisters) have made it clear that they strongly disagree with this. My sisters don’t understand and my Mother keeps telling me its tradition and I need to have it. My mother seems to think that without a MOH or a BM there will be complete craziness. She said the night before won’t run smoothly and that the toasts will be missed at the reception and people will randomly start standing up to give speeches. I was a MOH in a wedding and I was specifically asked to NOT prepare a speech so to me this doesn’t seem odd. I totally disagree with her and feel that it’s our wedding and it should be done the way we want it to be done. So my question is…has anyone gone to or had a wedding without a MOH or a BM and have you experienced this craziness my Mother is insisting will happen?

Any advice on how to deal with my Mother and sisters wanting to change EVERYTHING about my wedding is welcomed as well!!!

Thank you!

Re: MOH/BM question

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards