Latino Weddings

wedding ceremony

Well I'm kinda in a bind and I don't know what to do. My fiance is a Catholic and I was baptized Catholic but went to a baptist church. We can't get married by Church because I havent done my communion, I am really big on getting married with a blessing I don't know what to do. HELP PLEASE any ideas will help.

Thanks

Re: wedding ceremony

• ExpatPumpkinExpatPumpkin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why don't you take your first communion and become confirmed at the same time?  That's what I did ;)
  • nettiesnetties member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which religion do u want to get married by???
    My Grandma is a Hispanic leader in a Catholic church, and they do allow you to do your sacrements before getting married at one time, you should definitely check at your local church:) Good Luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know where you live but if you find a Universalist church they will usually do a very religious ceremony no matter what your religions are.  They can incorporate bible passages, Catholic prayers, and any kind of blessing.
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Talk to your church - they will definitely tell you what you need to do.  You can still have a Catholic wedding even if only one of you is confirmed.  My FI was only baptized Catholic and never went to church after that.  For the wedding, he decided he wanted to complete his sacraments and has been taking RCIA classes and will be confirmed by Easter. 
  • edited December 2011
    I would look in your local area.  My cousins got married in their backyard, but with a Catholic priest, because they found one that was willing to break the traditional rule of the service needing to be in a church.  Also, I am planning my second wedding right now, but for my first wedding, I went thru RCIA and was able to become Catholic for my first wedding to be a full mass in a Catholic church.  Additionally, I remember we had the choice of a Catholic church wedding, without a full mass, had I not become Catholic.  So, talk to your local churches and priests! 
  • aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had to go through the RCIA program, and acctually recieved all three sacraments on the same day, baptizim, first comunion and confirmation. I didnt do it just to get married, but I am glad that I took care of it because my FI propsed later that year!!! Just talk to your church and they should be able to explain the RCIA process, but be prepared because it took me a year and a half. I started in September of 07 and recieved my sacraments in April of 09. Each Church is different I must say though!!! Good luck!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    yes you should go to the chruch and talk to them about the Rcia and they may be able to help you go through the program faster because you are already baptised doesn't hurt to try
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards