Flowers
Options

Bouquets @ Reception!

Just wondering what you ladies are doing with your bouquets during the reception.  My bouquet and my bridesmaids' bouquets are all quite large and will look like too much laid on the table during dinner... Any suggestions?  I've heard of the bouquet holders that hang over the front of the table but I can't find any online!  Need suggestions please! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bouquets @ Reception!

• Options
    micheymouse84micheymouse84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wondering what you ladies are doing with your bouquets during the reception.  My bouquet and my bridesmaids' bouquets are all quite large and will look like too much laid on the table during dinner... Any suggestions?  I've heard of the bouquet holders that hang over the front of the table but I can't find any online!  Need suggestions please! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My H and I sat at a sweetheart table for our reception and I just put my bouquet in a smaller size vase. Although the table where my bridesmaids sat at already had a centerpiece, the florist still set out containers for them to place their bouquets. Picture is below to give you an idea. I think it worked out quite well. Good luck!

My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • Options
    eandringaeandringa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my florist is providing us with vases for are bouqets which will also work as our head table decorations to save some money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will have the only bouquet, so I may end up putting it in a vase on either the cake table or our dinner table.
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are putting them in wine bottles (we're using them as vases) that will be set up on the table.
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just laid mine on our sweetheart table, no vase.  Pretty sure the BM laid theirs on their tables too.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also seen them on the cake table.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a way to skimp out on table centerpieces, put empty vases on some of the tables (depending on bouquet to table ratio) and when you walk into the reception have your BMs put their bouquets in the vases. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_bouquets-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:e1855afc-9a9a-4732-8235-5381e1703c86Post:0c0fb75a-a4a6-49ec-9879-bed4799483b0">Re: Bouquets @ Reception!</a>:
    [QUOTE]my florist is providing us with vases for are bouqets which will also work as our head table decorations to save some money
    Posted by eandringa[/QUOTE]

DITTO
  • Options
    Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We normally have the BMs lay them around the cake. I've never noticed what the bride did with hers. I'm guessing on the table where the b&g sat for a few seconds to eat. we don't normally have sit down dinners down here. just buffets and eat when you want, cocktail style w/o seating for all.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    mrdie27mrdie27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Go to Google and search for  Bouquet Display.  I saw several liknks for the table display holders you might be looking for.  I was just thinking of this.  I like the idea of doing double duty with the bouquets - for ceremony and decoration at reception.  Please let me know if you find what you end up using. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to get bouquet clips and put the bouquets around the cake table. When you search look for bouquet clips not holders. You can find them all over the place like Hobby Lobby Michaels etc. HTH
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards