Georgia-Atlanta

Destination Atlanta - Please Help!!

I am trying to have a destination wedding in ATL with just me and my bride.  We are for a full package of

Site
Hotel
Spa
Official
Photographer

But most important it is just the two of us.  I have no need to pay for some package that includes a 2 tiered cake and someone setting up 200 chairs!! All we need is an official, a photographer and hour or two tops at the site.  The hotel/spa can be seperate. 

The original idea was something scenic possibly Stone Mountain but we are willing to negotiate and definitely an emphasis on being creative.  We had contacted the aquarium but they are not thinking small like we are.  Please Help!!

Re: Destination Atlanta - Please Help!!

• alison1209alison1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Chateau Elan (or one of the other North Georgia wineries) or Callaway Gardens?  They are a little farther out of ATL but may work for something small like you are looking for.  Closer in to Atlanta you might be able to do something in the Marietta or Roswell squares (they both have pretty gazebos) or somewhere around Piedmont Park like Park Tavern or the Botanical Gardens.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011

I am looking to stay as close to downtown as possible.  I hope that these places have packages.  I will be surfing the web. thanks for your help.

• edited December 2011
    I gotta hand it to ya... this is an interesting one! Our city isn't really set up for stuff like this so finding a "package deal" might be tricky!

Have you tried the Westin downtown? It has a rotating restaurant on the top floor -- maybe they could do something cool for you up there.

Here are some other downtown hotels you might try:

Hotel Palomar
    Marriot Renissance
    Hyatt (downtown)
    Marriot Marque

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know of any city is set up for something like this outside of vagas.  But I am definitely trying.  I will check with those hotels.  TY all for contributing.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Twelve at Atlantic Station and Twelve at Centienial Park as well.

http://www.twelvehotels.com/AtlanticStation/HotelHome.do

http://www.twelvehotels.com/CentennialPark/events/WeddingsAndEvents.do

There some beautiful spots near both for pictues. In fact, thanks for the idea, I'm going to look at them as well!

CC
  • edited December 2011
    Hotel, Bar, hall with a park, giant porch or gazebo would be excellent.  Park Tavern seems to have some potential. Still hunting and still loving the help!
  • ncohioncohio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree with looking at some of the downtown hotels.  Maybe contact their guest relations department and find out if they have any packages available and what onsite facilities they might have.  Also the Japanese Garden at Atlanta Botanical Gardens holds 10 people standing and rents for $300.  I doubt they have a package deal, but we could always refer you to some good ministers and photographers.  Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    The botanical garden has come up.  And is in the running.  I need to be assured of a possible covered section in case of rain.  We are traveling from Wisconsin!  But they are nicely affordable.

I wish the aquarium catered to a small couple I would snatch up a photographer and a official and go! 

I have contacted a bunch of the hotels and will see what they could do for me.

I don't think Turner Field or The Carter Center work for me but I thought I would throw them out there for other creative people just reading.
  • edited December 2011

What time of year is the wedding?

I don't know if they do any package deals but I would look into Canoe, it's a restaurant right outside the city in the Vinings area. Beautiful location.

http://www.canoe-atl.com/Setting.htm

If you don't wind up finding a package that includes everything and still need a photographer check out Saldivia-Jones.

http://saldiviajones.com/

They are a husband and wife team and they are WONDERFUL to work with. They just did our wedding 3 weeks ago and we are so pleased with the results.

Good Luck!

• edited December 2011
    We are planning on end of September early October.  10/10/10 sticks out as a fun concept but we are flexible on dates if that is the wrong day of the week.  

Roof top would be awesome and creative. 755 Club at Turner Field with its view over the city is starting to turn around and come across as better and better.  And at a $300 to start pricing it has benefits.
  • edited December 2011
    By the way, is Atlanta buggy in October?  The reason I ask this is because if we were to have an October outside wedding in Wisconsin, there would be ladybugs flying all over the place.  This is a determining factor for outside VS inside wedding.  Please advise!!!  Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    If only the aquarium or 755 club would be more willing to accommodate a party of two.  I wish someone was connected to one of them and could hook me up/ :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards