Honeymoon Discussions

Getting the best deal on a honeymoon

My fiance and I are wanting to a do an all-inclusive vacation in Mexico. We are really wanting to get the best for our money so has anyone ever called instead of booking online? Can you get a better price or maybe a room upgrade for mentioning your on your honeymoon? On one resort website I have typed in all in the info severel times to see the price. Sometimes the same exact thing is 2,400 then i'll do it again and its 2,200 then it keeps changing the price. So I kind of feel like if i do it online maybe i'm really not getting the best price.

Re: Getting the best deal on a honeymoon

• We booked through unforgettablehoneymoons.com. It's on online travel agency, but you can call and speak with a travel agent. We kept in contact with the same guy throughout the planning process and after the trip. It never hurts to try and negotiate, but I think you'll see prices are excellent since this agency works closely with the selected resorts and hotels. Most packages on the website include extras for honeymooning couples (just make sure you have a marriage certificate with you). H and I went to Jamaica and received a bottle of champagne and free couples massage. H and I are looking to go to Mexico for our 1 year anniversary trip and plan to book through them again (using the same agent, actually) and they have some great all inclusive options.
  • I talked to so many travel agents (at least 5) AND I did my research online. I consistetly found that booking online gave us the best deal. We were originally looking into Greece and ended up choosing Thailand. With both trips we found that booking online gave us the best deal. I even had two travel agents tell me that it would be cheaper to book online.

My best friend booked her HM to Mexico with a travel agent. Maybe she didn't do her research or maybe she chose to go to a super expensive place but she is paying the same amount we are paying and she is going to a 5 star all inclusive resort in Mexico for a week and we are going to three 5 star resorts in Thailand for two weeks. 

My advice is that you talk to a travel agent and look stuff up online. Try agoda.com. That is the website through which we booked out hotels. 

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would definitely try, I mean the worst they can say is no, you never know until you ask!
  • you'll get the best deal by shopping around-be it via calling directly for a quote, using a TA or scouring the web.
    i will tell you though-AIs in riviera maya are EXTREMELY popular with HMers-meaning you wont be much different than many of their other guests there on their HMs. you can ask for an upgrade b/c it's your HM-but dont be shocked if you're turned down.

• We were searching and searching on line for the perfect place to have our wedding and also that our guests could afford. I received info about Nancy from www.myislandgetaways.com off the destination wedding board and it was the best find all the way around. We got great upgrades (we married at El Dorado Royale) and so many extra freebies that we could have never gotten on our own had I booked online, plus our pricing was equal or less than on line. I had someone 24/7 to contact and handle everything for all of us. I would not have done it any other way. GL 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards