Ohio-Toledo

QOTD 6/21

What are your plans for the bar/alcohol?  Cash or Open?  All sorts of liqour?  Beer and wine only? dry reception?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 6/21

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were able to provide our own alcohol for the hall.  Since we don't really drink and don't know what people want, we passed on that responsibility to my MIL.  We had all sorts of liqour and beer.  We skipped the wine as we figured very few people in our family were wine drinkers. People seemed very pleased with her selections! 

I definitely wanted an open bar.  To each their own, but I give a thumbs down to cash bars.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a full, open bar.  One nice thing about our hall was that we were able to bring in our own alcohol which allowed us to have exactly what we wanted,  but yet save $$ at the same time!

We had a large variety of mid to high end liquor as well as kegs of beer and assorted white and red wines.  The hall took care of the juices, soda, ice, fruit, cups, etc. as well as the bartenders.  It was perfect for us! :)

Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

We are doing open bar as well.  FI and I are huge liquor drinkers and I can't imagine us not having any at the reception.  We are doing beer, wine and basic liquor (rum, vodka, wiskey, etc.)  I went to a wedding on Friday, and the couple had a few signature drinks in punchbowls; which I thought was a nice and personal touch.  We talked about doing something like that.   

I honestly don't think I have ever went to a wedding with a cash bar.  Probably a good thing, since I never have any cash on me!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Open bar:  Beer, wine, & liquor.  Plus the coffee bar for an hour after the bar closes.  All provided by the zoo!  I love my zoo...Hey, how 'bout you?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011

Full open bar... it was just part of the package at my hall (which is part of the reason that we picked it)

• edited December 2011
    We're doing the beer & wine package with a signature drink. We realized that at most weddings people end up drinking beer anyways.
    For the signature drink we will pick something that will appeal to both men and women, and then we can give it a creative name.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_qotd-621?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:f29bb135-577e-4460-a3d4-813a94df7401Post:8106ed46-be3e-48e6-923b-723c7f9a39fa">Re: QOTD 6/21</a>:
    [QUOTE]Full open bar... it was just part of the package at my hall (which is part of the reason that we picked it)
    Posted by abbeylynne06[/QUOTE]

Same with me.   Full open bar included in the package, and the reason why I went with this caterer over another one.  The other one included chair covers, no bar.  I figured my guest would spend more money on booze then I could ever spend on chair covers.

I'm German Catholic marrying an Irish Catholic... it's expected we have alcohol there.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_qotd-621?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:f29bb135-577e-4460-a3d4-813a94df7401Post:0c7287de-45b0-4731-811f-dbb8b5551a64">Re: QOTD 6/21</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing the beer & wine package with a signature drink. We realized that at most weddings people end up drinking beer anyways. For the signature drink we will pick something that will appeal to both men and women, and then we can give it a creative name.
    Posted by AllysOop[/QUOTE]

We are also doing this.  FI's dad's side is really the only side that drinks and they like bad beer and wine so it's cheap for us and we give them what they want.  We are doing the signature drink for the college friends.
  • edited December 2011
    we have to provide our our bar, alcohol and bartender... My caterer has a "champagne fountain" which we are doing (sooo excited!) and beer and wine maybe a signiture liquor drink that i will make before -hand as i used to be a bartender.

like ALLYSOOP said - give it a cute creative name. I went to a wedding in May and it was Blue and they called it "The Something Blue"... awe.
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards