California-San Diego
Options

Reception help please

Where are you having your reception?

We were going to have ours at a little buffet in town but my fiance doesn't want to have to pay for all of their meals (ugh something his mother said). So I don't want to have it at a place where they have to pay. This hasn't been a battle until the last 2 weeks. UGH.

I thought about doing something simple at a park or on the beach but it will be around 7pm and they don't allow gatherings at that time on the beach or in the parks.

Anyway I would love your ideas!

Re: Reception help please

• Options
    Wait, your FI doesnt want to pay for your guests to eat at your reception?  That doesnt make sense.  You can not have your guests pay for their own food.  I believe he might have misheard his mother because I can't imagine that anybody would make an issue out of paying for food.  If he doesnt want to pay for people to eat then have an afternoon reception with appetizers or cake and punch or elope.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    No... That's what she meant. I was unfourtunatly there. Our wedding is at 6pm. Evwrythig but the reception is paid dor and is non refundable. We don't have a reception site... Long story. His mom said we should have it at CiCi's pizza and have the guests pay. I've never been there. I said maybe if we paid... Then the arguing started.
  • Options
    Who is paying for the reception? If you and your FI are, what does his mom's rudeness have do do with it? Maybe I am missing information.
  • Options
    We are. But ironically he and I worked at the same company and last month we both lost our jobs due to cutbacks. So... We are now living with his parents.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

How many people are you having and what time do you want it to go til; I'm the manager at Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse in Santee and we have a room that we rent out for $40. You could bring a cake in and have your guests go to the bar, or we could work out some kind of food for you within your budget.  just a suggestion :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Wow. That's a great idea. How can we get in touch? We have under 30 people probably closer to 20 to 25. And I would love to hear about simple food options. Our budget is super tight but maybe we can work something out.
  • Options

My name's Alia go ahead and call the restaurant (619)448-8882, if no one's there leave a message and I'll call you back.  I'm glad I could help :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards