Registry and Gift Forum

Wedding Gift Ideas

My very best friend in the whole world is getting married in 3 weeks and I am the maid of honor and I am so excited for it! But....I am completely stumped on what to give her and her fiancee for their wedding. Unfortunately with all the shower and bachelorette party planning (and gift buying) the wedding gift has kind of been forgotten. Though I've waited this long there are a few things left on her registry but I feel like I should be able to do better then a normal registry gift as the maid of honor and best friend. I've found a few things on Etsy but I've waited too long and nothing will be shipped in time for the wedding. Also, after all the other wedding festivities my budget is only about 50$, which I know isn't much and its kind of limiting. I never have this problem with gifts and I don't know why this is posing such a problem for me! I would love any suggestions for creative or out of the box gift ideas! Thanks!

Re: Wedding Gift Ideas

• When I was Maid of Honor in my BFFs wedding, her registry was bare bones and I was pretty broke when I got around to buying her a gift. Since she had bought a new home a wanted to landscape it a bit herself, I bought her a gift card to a local nursery.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • strlzfan11strlzfan11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    I purchased matching personalized Christmas stockings from Pottery Barn for my cousin & her FI who are getting married this fall.  The total cost was $46 including shipping.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_wedding-gift-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:98af8925-1aff-4dcb-b8e5-27db441434d5Post:cc7be127-658c-46f5-8812-6faec68da53a">Re: Wedding Gift Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I purchased matching personalized Christmas stockings from Pottery Barn for my cousin & her FI who are getting married this fall.  The total cost was $46 including shipping.
    Posted by strlzfan11[/QUOTE]

<div>I second these - they are so adorable, and it would be a super cute gift.  A lot of PB's holiday stuff is free shipping right now too, and they usually ship in like 3 days.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • These are all great ideas! Thanks a lot ladies, I am definitely going to check out the pottery barn website.
  • I think it's fine to order something that you've found on Etsy (or wherever) and give it to her after the wedding.  We had friends give us a wooden box that they made out of different types of wood specifically chosen for the qualities of the wood, and they presented to us when we were hanging out at their house after the wedding.  It was really special, and we didn't think anything of the timing--if anything, it was nice to be able to be with them in person while we opened it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards