Wedding Reception Forum

Black and lime green wedding

Hi!
I'm thinking of doing black and lime green as my colors for my wedding?! Has anyone done this or have any ideas for it? I want very simple but elegant. I'm thinking of Having a bright mix of colors for my flowers and for centerpieces having vases with a flower submerged in water and a floating candle. Any pictures and advice is appreciated! I have already gotten some images off of google etc. Thanks for your help!

Re: Black and lime green wedding

• Black and Lime are a good start, but I'd suggest that you expand on that color palette to give yourself more options and detail. Maybe incorporate a second shade of green and also a metallic, like silver or gold. 

These colors also lead me to think of the bright masquerade colors of Venice. Black lace masks, multi colored ribbons, gold and silver accents, feathers, etc. All these things can inspire a look and flair in the details you choose to do.

I always recommend creating vision boards on Pinterest to see your ideas next to each other. This really helps to put your color and texture ideas into perspective. 

Anniversary
  • We did "sangria", which is basically, lighter burgundy and lime green.  But, ours was a day/evening event and outside.  We really wanted bright and colorful.  

The colors went very well together. Lime green also goes great with dark purple accents.   I'm not sure I would only do black, I think that may end up looking a little "costume-ish".  Maybe a silver/gold accent color, like PP suggested. 

Here are a few pictures of our colors together, just so you can see how the lime works with other colors, and against the black suit.

• I used shades of greens and purples. originally want lime green and purple but my linens were a little less bright lime and used darker eggplant for cocktail area. BM dresses were a bright purple. If you use shades it makes it easier on you than trying to find exact shades. Florist told me to stop torturing myself with colors.
    I used metallic green overlays over white tableclothes but the chairs ended up being black. (nice contrast).

I love the black, white and lime green damasks color skeems too.  google the colors or on the knot to see what you like. But if you want another type of flower you would probably want another accent color.

Here's my webpage so u can see the green w/ black chairs contrast pictures. Linens are for sale if interested.  http://tropicaljc081012.weebly.com/for-sale.html
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_black-and-lime-green-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:74976626-aafa-4825-add1-2044945dfcd8Post:ca992bc3-d5d9-418c-81c4-fdc92e0201b4">Re: Black and lime green wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did "sangria", which is basically, lighter burgundy and lime green.  But, ours was a day/evening event and outside.  We really wanted bright and colorful.   The colors went very well together. Lime green also goes great with dark purple accents.   I'm not sure I would only do black, I think that may end up looking a little "costume-ish".  Maybe a silver/gold accent color, like PP suggested.  Here are a few pictures of our colors together, just so you can see how the lime works with other colors, and against the black suit.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

Those might be the cutest flower girl dresses I have EVER seen.  :) 

Everything looks awesome together.
  • Thanks for all the ideas and pictures..they are greatly appreciated! I am doing black and lime green and bringing in different colored flowers and centerpieces. Hope it all comes together like it does in my head! Both of your weddings were beautiful!
  • <div>
    </div><div>Wonderful ideas.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</div><div><a href="http://dress.vponsale.co.uk/2013-prom-dresses-c-400.html" rel="nofollow">http://dress.vponsale.co.uk/2013-prom-dresses-c-400.html</a></div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://orange.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_black-and-lime-green-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:74976626-aafa-4825-add1-2044945dfcd8Post:ca992bc3-d5d9-418c-81c4-fdc92e0201b4">Re: Black and lime green wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did "sangria", which is basically, lighter burgundy and lime green.  But, ours was a day/evening event and outside.  We really wanted bright and colorful.   The colors went very well together. Lime green also goes great with dark purple accents.   I'm not sure I would only do black, I think that may end up looking a little "costume-ish".  Maybe a silver/gold accent color, like PP suggested.  Here are a few pictures of our colors together, just so you can see how the lime works with other colors, and against the black suit.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]
  • nalipoponalipopo member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Amazing ! it makes it easier on you than trying to find exact shades. Florist told me to stop torturing myself with colors.

============================================================

trumpet off shoulder wedding dresses
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards