Destination Weddings Discussions

PSA: Groupon for name change service

There is a Group for the MissNowMrs.com name change service. It is $15: 

~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: PSA: Groupon for name change service

• OH my goodness, today is wedding Groupon Day!!!!  There are some neat looking lables and stamps too!
  • I did this! I don't think I would have paid $30 for it but the $15 I paid when it was on weddingchannel.com deals was worth it.
  • edited March 2012
    I heald that name change service was not necessary, I was tolf to change the name of my social security number and then change everthing else.  Have you guys hear differently?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • marriedonmauimarriedonmaui member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    The point of the service is to fill out the confusing government documents for you. I have anxiety with government forms and this was super easy. I filled out a bunch of questions online and it auto-populated all of the forms I needed to change my name with SSA, my DL, bank, mortgage, etc.
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I did mine on my own for my first marriage and I also changed it back on my own but I love filling out papers! I must be nuts!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • I have done this twice (for my first marraige and after my divorce) and it was easy. I don't think you need to pay for the service.
    Anniversary
  • edited March 2012
    Yeah I think I'm going to do it because $15 isn't anything and knowing my luck, I would go to the DMV and stand in line for 2 hours only to find out I messed something up. :)
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards