Outdoor Weddings
Options

Outdoor wedding in March

Is the weather suitable for an outdoor wedding March 30th in Georgia?

Re: Outdoor wedding in March

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_outdoor-wedding-in-march?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:6d0992ec-3da8-4284-bd63-741d81a96910Post:b4746de9-5247-40c0-aa24-6f4b995dbc7b">Outdoor wedding in March</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is the weather suitable for an outdoor wedding March 30th in Georgia?
    Posted by Ldshelton26[/QUOTE]

Your best bet is to find a <em>Farmer's Almanac</em> and do your best to figure out what the weather might be.  As a guest, I would not want to sit outdoors in temps below 70 (if sunny) or 75 (if at all overcase).  You know your guests, though, so you and your fiance need to make that decision.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I am having my ceremony on March 30 in Louisville, KY, outdoors. Our reception hall is right beside the park we are planning to use for the ceremony, so in case of rain, we will be able to tranfer the ceremony pretty easily. As far as temperatures go, it could be in the 50's or the 80's--there's just no way to know, but our ceremony is only going to be 20 minutes or so long, so we assume our guests will suffer through in honor of our union if its a bit chilly. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    as a born Georgian, It's hard to tell what the weather will be like in March there. I agree with Lisa above, to check a farmers almanac- or now that I think about it the Weather channel.com has a wedding planner feature that will show you the weather avg.s & history for areas for certain dates/ranges. March in GA could be really gorgeous and springlike with thunderstorms, or it could just as easily be an early summer-like weather with miserable heat, or even cold wintery conditions. I remember when I used to live there March was super unpredictable, sunny and gorgeous one day, and cold and freezing rain another. <<--Sorry, I'm not trying to scare you off  March, but understand, out of all the months, this one is one of the most unpredictable in GA (IMHO) I would def. have a rain plan either way....
    July 2013 Knottie Siggy Challenge: Location, Location! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards