Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Any brides wearing glasses??

So I notice with a lot of people I talk to...if they wear glasses, they end up switching to contacts before the wedding...

Anyone out there planning on wearing theirs??

I am thinking a special new pair of glasses would rock and well...give me an excuse to shop... ^_^

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any brides wearing glasses??

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If i'm outside of my house I wear my contacts.  My prescription is so strong my eyes look like 2 tiny dots when I wear my glasses and I HATE IT. 

I'll DEFINITELY be wearing my contacts on the big day....like every other day lol.

If you normally wear glasses outside and you'll have a cute new pair I say GO FOR IT!!!
  • Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be wearing my glasses, like Marilyn said, I want to look like myself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't wear mine unless on the computer, reading, etc... But....I would wear them and like you said a good excuse to go get a cute new pair :)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I alternate between wearing glasses and contacts. I wear my glasses mostly at home and contacts out. I wore contacts for wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i wear glasses all the time, because i kinda hate contacts.  but i'll be wearing contacts for my wedding because i can't stand my glasses in pictures - they're all i can focus on.  i guess i don't want to look like myself, haha :)

although, knowing me, i'll probably ditch the contacts half way thru the recption.

or, in the alternative, i'm hoping my FI will book a Ladik appt for me for my bday --- that would be amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also should have added that I genuinely dislike how I look without my glasses.  I look better with them.

I say go for new specs.  I almost purchased a red pair for the wedding but in the end I like the ones I wore.  They looked almost retro from the sides.  Loved them with the headpiece. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really cant imagine myself without them...

Jason and I were just hanging out this weekend talking about that kinda stuff and we both wear them...its like...how could we pretend for a day to not?? That would be just weird...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you usually wear glasses, then I can't see any reason not to on your wedding day!

I wear contacts most of the time, but at home, at night, and some lazy days... I wear my "Tina Fey" glasses as FI calls them. I love my glasses (and how I look in them, honestly) but I wear contacts most days... so I'm going that route for the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am wearing my glasses.......mainly because I can't do contacts so I guess i have no choice unless I go without but with the heels I am planning to wear that would definately be a disastor!
  • Options
    luckygirl2010luckygirl2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im getting lasix before the wedding---i hate my glasses and can't waer contacts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards