Maryland-Baltimore

Rustic/Barn Wedding in MD

Hi there -

Ive scoured the boards on here alreadty - and am in search of a barn or rustic feel/barn type wedding venue. We know its short notice but tis a flexible date - we are looking to do it as early as October of this year. We had our hearts set on The Tea Barn in Fair Hill in Elkton, MD, but its booked for the ENTIRE year :( Unfortunately we have a VERY tight budget - we're looking to do the entire affair for a MAX of 5,000 for 100 people. We have the caterer - but would like to leave plenty of room for my dress and all the fun DIY decor ideas - as well as all the alcohol we will be purchasing ourselves.....which was why the Tea Barn was so great with its three day set up /event day/ breakdown rental at only $400 ..............any suggestions?!?!?!?!?!?  even at this point im willing to consider non outdoor venues - though i think those are the cheapest ones regardless.....

Re: Rustic/Barn Wedding in MD

• Have you looked at the sticky-d list on the maryland board? It's pretty darn comprehensive.

If you are okay with a drive, The Wye Island Natural Resource Management Area is inexpensive. But it's over on the shore and I think it prohibits alcohol.
  • The list we came up with has a huge variety on it. Good luck though, you are asking for the most popular wedding month (yep October books faster than June!) only 8 months in advance. My venue is booked this year and most of next, and accepting bookings for 2015. I had to book in 2011 for my June 2013 wedding because they were already booking in May (which I originally wanted). Unfortunately there is only one other location other than the tea barn that I think is in your budget on that list but it's a drive. Jefferson Patterson Park in southern md. I fear with the tight budget you may be forced to settle, or wait. There is one other place not on that list that maybe I should add. It's called Millstad in Harford co. There is zero info online about it but it's a YMCA camp. This is literally the only info available cuz the paye has been "under construction" for like a year now so give them a call. http://millstadcenter.com/Home_Page.html
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards