Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Centerpiece Sizes?

Tell me about your floral centerpieces, are they petite or tall?  I would like to hear pros and cons of each if you can be specific, thanks !

(I'm undecided on which look better)

Re: Centerpiece Sizes?

• Options
    We're alternating two types of centerpieces. Half the tables will have 10 inch lily bowls with 2 or 3 large floating gerberas heads. The other half will have 20 inch tall cylinder vases with submerged tulips at different heights. Both will have votives scattered around the vases.

I don't really know about the pros and cons, it just comes down to your budget and personal preference. I do think vases/containers lower to the table make it easier for people across the table to talk to each other...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are having medium sized centerpieces measuring three feet tall by two feet. We know we can get away with this though because we are putting two long tables together so that 12-14 people can sit around them, the centerpiece has to be substancial in relation to the table to make it seem right. It will be a glass vase with rocks in it and branches in the rocks/foam holding gem garland and flower petal garland. We picked it because it fit the elegant theme and honestly because it will only cost $7 per table. We will probably surround it with some votives though.

For others... depending on table size a centerpiece thats too large will have people talking around it or not at all. The safest bet is something see throughish or shorter then average eyesite when sitting.
  • Options

We are mixing tall & short around the tables. Half will have short silver bowls with a rounded white arrangement, the other half will have glass cylinder vases about 10 inches tall with branches and flowers.

• Options
    I'm doing 2 long rows of tables with a mix of tall and short centerpieces. I'm going to have two 4 foot trees in the middle of each row of tables with a mix of candles and vases of flowers at varying heights. Tall centerpieces are great because they really draw attention. Short centerpieces are great because they allow for easy conversation. Many people mix tall and short centerpieces because it adds interest. Which you decide to do depends on what's more important to you, impact or allowing guests to socialize.
    I'm married!
  • Options
    I did all low centerpieces mainly because that was what was in my budget.  I agree that mixing tall and low adds interest.  I do like the low because of the ease of conversation.  You can also do all low but still vary the centerpieces themselves--instead of one square vase on every table, you can do a cluster of 3 smaller ones on some tables, etc.

It's really a matter of budget and personal preference.
  • Options
    We did bubble bowls with floating candles and tulips wrapped around the inside of the bubble bowls.  They were shorter mainly because I don't like sitting at tables in which my view of the people sitting across from me is blocked.

We did the same centerpieces at each table because I was too lazy to come up with something extra to alternate.
  • Options
    I like the contrast of mixed heights, but we're going with all low for ease of conversation and budget.  I really like the idea of changing up the low vases for some contrast!
  • Options
    We are planning to likely do lower centerpieces. We will be doing non-floral centerpieces with candles. Our tallest vase will around 12 inches.
  • Options
    My mom is a florist & as she told me & other brides if you are going tall you need to go really tall. And short needs to be on the table still. You can't have any flowers block your guests from each other. Otherwise it's just annoying they can't see each other while they are talking. i will be having a mixture
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards