Wedding Reception Forum

Southern Elegance Centerpieces???

I need help with ideas for a southern centerpiece for my tables. But i was also wanting the fall colors and decor incorperated into it also.... i need help PLEASE!!!

Re: Southern Elegance Centerpieces???

• edited November 2012
    Since hosting is important in the south, how about elegant lemonade servers filled with flowers or decorations instead of liquid?

Or heck, just put flowers and such around each, and let guests get lemonade or limeade from the centerpeices.  That would be fun!

Don't forget your signature mojito drinks!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I'm not from the South, so I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean when you say "Southern Elegance". What would set something apart as "Southern"?

When I think of elegant decor, things like; candelabrum, delicate flower arrangements, crisp linens, silver, china, crystal, etc. come to mind. Probably the only way to indicate a "Southern feel" (other than the food you serve) would be with the type of flowers (such that are native to the Southern regions) and maybe the design and pattern of the linens? 

Why do you need it to be "Southern"? If you live in the South, are planning your event there and in an elegant fashion, wouldn't it be "Southern Elegance" by default?

If I were you I'd just make a list of all the things you love about your Southern heritage and use that to help you incorporate those things into your wedding. 

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_southern-elegance-centerpieces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:de31e4fb-b540-4e67-ad2a-50ac2ce7d289Post:c635c33a-26e9-49f1-9fe0-5f4c1863d689">Re:Southern Elegance Centerpieces???</a>:
    [QUOTE]<u>Since hosting is important in the south</u>, how about elegant lemonade servers filled with flowers or decorations instead of liquid? Or heck, just put flowers and such around each, and let guests get lemonade or limeade from the centerpeices.  That would be fun!  Don't forget your signature mojito drinks!
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAAH because here in the north hosting is SO unimportant!!! and mojitos are cuban, not southern, in origin.

OP-what exactly do you mean by 'southern elegance'?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards