Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Looking for a contemporary/unique venue in Philly

Hi there,

Looking to know if anyone has heard of/been to a venue in Philly for a wedding. We're looking for something contemporary looking, rather unique and not your typical banquet or hotel space. Hoping for exposed brick and hardwood floors, maybe something that is in a loft? It would be wonderful to be able to bring in our own caterers and alcohol, too. 

Thanks!

Re: Looking for a contemporary/unique venue in Philly

• not sure of your budget or the amount of guests you are having. but you can look in the maas building. i looked into them for my venue. its hardwood floors, brick walls and they have a very cheap rental fee but you'd have to bring in your own caterer/alcohol and probably rent tables and chairs and they stated you could decorate yourself. i found some cool spaces on partyspace.com they have a unique venues section you could look under.

i just booked my wedding at the river room at the manayunk brewery. it has white brick walls, hardwood floors and its loft looking. it has a wall of windows and a view of the river on the deck. it's really affordable too!!! they have really cheap bar packages and the meals were about $80 a person before tax/grat/etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beat Street Station in Manayunk is pretty unique & has exposed brick. They have their own caterer though.
  • Arts ballroom has a loft and exposed brick.
  • beachekbeachek member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Power Plant Productions. We are having our reception there and it sounds to be exactly what you're looking for! It's an amazing venue www.powerplantproductions.com/
  • Yyou should see the Aldie Mansion in Doylestown !  I'm getting married at Aldie in June and couldn’t be more excited.  The .  Heres a helpful link to a website with lots of photos: http://partyspace.com/provider/detail/765  .  They have an open house every Tuesday evening (No appt necessary).  It’s a beautiful space, and Jeffery A. Miller is the exclusive caterer.  But they are fantastic We did our tasting last August and I cant wait to eat the food again in June!  All fresh, made from scratch.  Bring your own alcohol though- a big benefit.  Good luck: and I would be happy to answer any questions!
  • I'm having my December wedding at the Racquet Club of Philadelphia right in Rittenhouse square!  It's such a beautful place and not your typical "catering hall" type feel.... I think it has a very contemporary feel while also having a lot of vintage elements!  Here's a site to check it out... I've been working with Marc there - so far he's been wonderful!  http://racquetclub.partyspace.com/RC.html

• I was looking for the same thing when I started my venue search, but the more contemporary venues did not work for my guest size so we ended up at the smaller Columbus ballroom at Hyatt Penns landing. This is more of a corporate hotel so it doesn't have the traditional stuffy vibe (ie) molding, floral carpets and chandeliers like most of the venues in Philly. We were able to transform it into a modern wedding by using draping. See attached photos.

Some other suggestions that I liked.
    Kimpton Hotel Monaco
    Kimpton Hotel Palomar
    Tendenza
    Kimmel Center
    Museum of Modern Art
    Artisano Iron works
    One Atlantic ( Not in Philly- but this was my dream venue in atlantic city)
    R2L restaurant top floor
    Atrium at the curtis center
    The Warehouse at EBE

** Keep in mind that with a great florist you can transform any traditional ballroom.
  • Here's some photos.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards