Florida-North Florida
Options

Getting to know everyone

I wish this board was more active. So lets get to know each other a little more. Where and when is everyone getting married and what is your "theme"? I'm getting married this November 3 at the Cathedral Basilica in St. Augustine. Our reception will be at the Historic Llambias House. Our theme is vintage shabby chic. I basically have almost everything ready for the big day.....except for the cake....I'm going to be getting it at Publix...just need to figure out the style and flavor...I better figure it out soon b/c I don't really have too much time left!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Getting to know everyone

• Options
    Hi. My name is Liz and I'm getting married May 11, 2013 in Jacksonville. My wedding and reception will be at Deer Creek Country Club. My theme is basically my colors, apple green and charcoal grey. To see what I've been working working on, you can see my planning bio.

http://merryandmarried.weebly.com/

Its interesting you posted this because I was just thinking that I'd love to have the local ladies chat more!

As for the cake, I also selected Publix (yum) and the cake tasting was fun! We selected chocolate with raspberry filling for the bottom tier, vanilla with custard for the center tier and red velvet for our top tier. Buttercream icing. More about that in my bio! And yep, you may want to get that done, ASAP!
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, I love your planning bio!! You are so organized :) We are having a cake tasting this Thursday at Publix, we are also planning on having different flavors in the tiers...and red velvet cake will definitely be one of them. The cake was something I kept pushing off...I guess it wasn't at the top of my priority list, but now I'm like CRAP I need to get on that!!

My colors will be navy, champagne and little touches of soft pink.

I see you're getting married in JAX, most of my vendors are from JAX...I'm so stoked bc I feel like I have such a great team of vendors :) I can't wait...4 more weeeks from today :):)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi there!!

Im Meg :) I'm getting married very soon 11/24/12 at a small white wooden church in the panhandle. I have a 3 in 1 theme: country, fall and wine!! (burgundy, ivory and gold color scheme)
     The photgrapher, DJ and ceremony bagpiper are booked and the cake, food, flowers and most favors are ordered.
     I'm finishing up a few DIY favors and my brooch bouquet, we have to get our license and a few attire accessories and we will be all set! Whew...
    The Taylors est. 11/24/12
  • Options
    Hey Meg! I'm a Nov 2012 bride too :) We are applying for our marriage license this week! I'm excited :) My head is definitely spinning right now with the few last minute things I need to get done before the wedding/honeymoon lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kelli1211kelli1211 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Hey Ladies,

First of all congrats on your upcoming weddings! They are soooo close some days I wish mine was going to be sooner but other days I am glad I still have a lot of time! I am so glad you started this thread!

We are getting married in Saint Augustine at the Lightner Museum in the courtyard on June 20, 2013 with our reception to follow at the Hilton. We currently live out in Colorado but orginially are from the east. We have family spread out over the U.S. and therefore chose lovely Saint Augsutine as a perfect spot for everyone to meet.

I have venues, cake, videographer but am still working on flowers, photography, and DJ. My theme is simple and elegant. My brides are wearing yellow with a black accent. My recption decor is damask table runners with yellow flowers.

Kelli
  • Options
    I love the Lightner Museum! I was in St. Aug about 3 weeks ago and saw a wedding that was about to begin there. It looked really beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_getting-to-know-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:302beece-3c35-4920-8997-37837eb69251Post:048b6621-7402-4fd0-b092-4dc39aa72686">Re: Getting to know everyone</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Ladies, First of all congrats on your upcoming weddings! They are soooo close some days I wish mine was going to be sooner but other days I am glad I still have a lot of time! I am so glad you started this thread! We are getting married in Saint Augustine at the Lightner Museum in the courtyard on June 20, 2013 with our reception to follow at the Hilton. We currently live out in Colorado but orginially are from the east. We have family spread out over the U.S. and therefore chose lovely Saint Augsutine as a perfect spot for everyone to meet. I have venues, cake, videographer but am still working on flowers, photography, and DJ. My theme is simple and elegant. My brides are wearing yellow with a black accent. My recption decor is damask table runners with yellow flowers. Kelli
    Posted by kelli1211[/QUOTE]

Getting married in a destination location when you are there can be quite challenging, so definitely let us know if you need help with anything! I booked Crystal Howes for my photog and I love her! Her pricing is very reasonable. And Im booking Scott Murphy as my DJ. Also well priced. I have previously seen McGee Entertainment as well as Event Sound in action and they're good, Event Sound was just a bit out of my price range.

Good luck ont he rest of your planning! and you're just 1 month outside of my date, so I totally get what you mean by feeling that it is sooo far away! :D
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_getting-to-know-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:302beece-3c35-4920-8997-37837eb69251Post:295d1a62-3130-45d9-b1b4-3962a56cbe07">Re: Getting to know everyone</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Meg! I'm a Nov 2012 bride too :) We are applying for our marriage license this week! I'm excited :) My head is definitely spinning right now with the few last minute things I need to get done before the wedding/honeymoon lol
    Posted by EricksonBride[/QUOTE]

OMG I know right! I just glanced at my countdown 39 Days... it seems like just yesterday is was 390, you know?
    The Taylors est. 11/24/12
  • Options
    Thanks for all your comments. I haven't been on recently because I went home for my shower! We had it super early so I could order my dress and we could find the bridesmaids dresses and order those! So there are a few more things marked off the list. My shower was wonderful too! Thanks for the suggestions! I will in the coming months I will probably be asking a lot more questions and for suggestions! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards