Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Anyone else freaked out?

Hi everyone,

Longtime lurker, coming out of the shadows here. FI just popped the question at the end of July, so I guess I've finally got something to say instead just reading all your posts etc. :-)

I just had to post and share this with someone, so I thought I'd stop being a lurker and maybe get some advice while I'm at it. 

Here's the deal: I've booked the Wynn a sometime last week. I'm super excited about it.Then this past Friday, the Rev. who will be performing our ceremony emailed me about the order of service etc, and I totally freaked out!

It's taken me a few days to figure out why I'm so weirded out, but it suddenly seems weird to me to put our feelings and emotions for each other on display. We're pretty laid back and private, and I just know I'm gonna cry and it just seems weird to me to have all of this focus on me and my future hubby at such a tender moment. I know it's supposed to be "my day" and that I'm supposed to like being in the limelight, but lately, it's really freaking me out!

I think it may be because we're expecting quite a few folks to show (maybe as many as 60). Or maybe I"m just being stupid. It's very weird to me. I guess this is the first time it's really seemed real.

Anyone else deal with this? Any advice? 

Thanks in advance, Ladies! I love this board :-)

Re: Anyone else freaked out?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Same thing happened with me. Everything turned out great. Thats great the minister showed you the order - I didn't get anything like that... I kinda went into everything blind (a hard time with the Chapel) But I was freaked out a bit too. We are both laid back and I do not like all the attention on me. And honestly it wasn't bad at all. We had a small number of guests attending and to be honest I didn't even notice them til it was picture time. When I started down the isle and saw Hubby the rest of the crowd just disappeared. It was great. Try not to panic but instead enjoy this time - cuz it'll be over before ya know it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Welcome and Congrats. I have been planning my wedding for over nine months, I have booked everything, But it seems like I am freaking out about the little details , if people will come . will they enjoy themselves the honeymoon etc....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually pretty outgoing, but I still had this little freak out. I started watching other bride's ceremonies to get an idea of what to expect at MB, and I starting freaking out about everyone staring at us. In the end, it felt like we were in our own little world, and I didn't care 60 ppl were watching us. It felt like just 2 of us actually.
  • Options
    tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have kinda the same thoughts.  I know I'll cry.  And, I am not sure that I will be comfortable sharing that moment with our guests (50+).  I know I'll go through with it...but it makes me nervous. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In all honesty, I couldn't even tell you who was in the room at the time.  From the moment the doors opened, I was fixated on H and everything else was background.  I didn't even realize that H's family was playing musical chairs behind us during the ceremony.  I only noticed it when we watched the video a couple of days later!

My advice -- don't fixate too much beforehand.  When you enter the chapel, take a deep breath and keep your eyes on your almost-husband.  I guarantee that the look on his face will make it all good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome to the board :-)
    I'm a Wynn bride as well! We haven't been contacted yet but it's nice to know that it will happen!!
    As a performer I enjoy having all eyes on me so the advice I can give you is to "rehearse" the ceremony, it will ground you more. Also, find something to focus on, it could be anything, like your breath or a pleasant thought. Watch other people's weddings and have fun rehearsing yours with your FI. I'm not home right now and am crazy looking forward to doing the same with my FH :-) especially the kiss part LOL
    I am also very sensitive and know for sure that I'll cry. It's going to require a lot of self control to say the vows without breaking into huge sobs (my BM will have my handkerchief!). Last night I watched another knottie's ceremony, two minutes in I was crying like a fosset! 
    No worries, I'm positive you'll be so happy that you'll forget everything and everybody else.
  • Options
    MizLynnMizLynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! You guys are mucho awesome! 

You're right...when I see hubby, I'm hoping I can be in the moment and not in my head.

I never thought of practising, wiwcaty! LOL  I like that idea lots! 

Thanks again everyone :-)
  • Options
    11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so freaked out...but more about "what am I forgetting??" 

Welcome to the board and congrats! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ladies as a wedding professional I have one thing to say about being freaked out.  Everything, and I mean everything, could go wrong but in the end, you're still married and that's what it's all about.   So do your best to relax, let the hired help do their jobs and don't sweat it because it's the honeymoon your trying to get to.  Getting married is just the warm up.  Again, in the end, the goal is the "I DO" forever and ever.

mojo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards