Canada-Ontario

Identifying VIP guests (for photographer) without flowers?

For a myriad of reasons I won't get into, I really want to minimize the use of flowers at my wedding.

Does anyone have any creative ideas for identifying guests so that the photographer can easily indicate who is involved in family portraits without corsages of boutinieres?

Re: Identifying VIP guests (for photographer) without flowers?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a separate family photo session before the ceremony. That way we were all in the same place at the same time, it was easy to organize, and the photographer didn't need to pick family members out of the crowd.

I made a list of all the groups and had one of the GMs call them out as their turn came.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also had a separate family photo session and gave the photographer a list of groups. And I would suggest delegating someone as the go-to person for the photographer (family member or friend) who can point out other non-WP VIPs too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could tell the photographer in advance - and let them know which tables the VIPs are at. You can even email them pics of their faces, or have someone be responsible for pointing them out at the wedding.
  • two_zedstwo_zeds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All great suggestions!

There's also a great checklist on the website www.frugalbride.com that goes through everything that you will need to do for your photographer. It is pretty helpful, and I think that everyone should check it out because it really mentions things you wouldn't think about!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! We're sticking with tradition and not seeing each other before the ceremony. (I just want to see his face when I come down the aisle, it's a must have moment LOL) But I can definitely give the photog pics beforehand that might work.

Or maybe, I can let the family know beforehand that they'll need to be available for photos...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards