Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor wedding in early April?

Hey everyone, We are planning our wedding ceremony and reception in the napa valley area. We were hoping for April 6 of 2013. I'm so worried about rain or that it's freezing cold! This date is an important date for us. I want an out door late in the day ceremony and run into the evening hours for our reception. The venue we have in mind is beautiful and in our budget and we can have both the ceremony and reception at the same place. Should I go with April 6th an important date for us or go for a less meaningful date in mid may??

Re: Outdoor wedding in early April?

• Which is more important, the outdoor wedding or the date?  If that date is that important then why not just go with an indoor wedding?
  • I am also having my wedding outdoor in mid april and I am also concerned about the rain. My wedding is in temecula ca and the one thing I have been kind of looking into is renting a large party tent. I would suggest finding a rental company that maybe you can rent the tent a week in advance or less. This way you will know what the weather will be like closer to the wedding rather then guessing months in advance. Also if your worried about the cold you can rent heaters. The rental place i'm looking at going with has everything from heaters to tents to linens and tables. If you want to be on the safe side go with an indoor location, but if you want to do what you really want then you can try to work around the possible weather. hope this helps give you another option. 
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    We got married April 7th of this year at a beautiful vineyard in VA.  We knew going into it that an outdoor wedding that early could mean cold/rain/snow (it's rare, but it happens), so we had a good back-up plan for an indoor ceremny.  As it turned out, it was absolutely beautiful, sunny, 70 degrees, and all of the trees and flowers were in full bloom (this is normal for April in VA).  For us, it was worth the gamble -- but having the backup plan was a crucial part of the gamble.   

Just realize that ANY time you plan an outdoor wedding, you'll want an indoor/tent backup in case of rain.
    DSC_9275
  • In the valley areas of CA it is mostly sunny like 90% of the year. Just have a few back up options and you'll be fine. March is more chancy as we see most of our rain then. My parents anniversay is april 6th and it is always beautiful. 
  • I'm getting married on the same date in Pittsburgh and we could get snow here, too, so I've just arranged a backup for the outdoor ceremony to be moved indoors if needed.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks everyone!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards