Rhode Island
Options

Kinney Bungalow

We are interested in checking it out.  If The Castle Hill in won't come down on their price, we may go with Kinney.  We have just drove past, haven't seen the inside yet.  Is anyone having their wedding here or did anyone take a look at in while on their search for a venue?

Re: Kinney Bungalow

• Options
    EyejewelEyejewel member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was one of our top choices but the people capacity is 150 max - and we were worried about going over the capacity.  No ac or heat just an fyi. The windows suppose to give a nice breeze though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    musictchr25musictchr25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was one of the two places we narrowed it down to.  We decided against this place because of the separation of seating and dancing. The space is split due to the staircase being right in the middle of the building, so all the tables are on one side of the room and then the staircase divides it, and then the other side of the room is the dance floor.  Eyejewel is correct, there is no AC, but there is a good breeze off the south side of the building, but you'd have to keep the windows open.  Also, I'm not sure what their policy is on the sound level of music with the windows open, considering there are residences around the bungalow.  

The space is beautiful, as are the grounds, and there are specific rooms for the caterer and the bar.  However, if you're also thinking about an outside ceremony, you'll have to take road traffic into consideration, because the back yard is adjacent to the road, which is heavily traveled.  
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • Options
    shaina925shaina925 member
    edited December 2011
    I definitely want an outside ceremony, however we may look into maybe getting married at a state park that is nearby.  I don't know how I feel about the dance floor being separated. We are going Sunday to look at it, but we don't exactly have an appointment.  I spoke with the event planner and she asked if we could come Sunday since they are having some sort of Pumpkin festival.  She is going to be able to show us the facility but I don't know how much time she will have to talk about everything.

Tomorrow Castle Hill Inn is calling so we can go over the estimate that was written up.  If they can knock off some money, then I want to go with them.

I am looking at Kirkbrae in Lincoln on Monday... and then that is it! We have looked at so many venues, it is time to decide!

Anyone ever heard of or seen Crestwood in Rehoboth, MA?  It is close to our house and I didn't know if it was worth checking out.
  • Options
    futuremalyutafuturemalyuta member
    edited December 2011
    We looked at Crestwood and loved it, it was one of our top 2 choices, but we chose another venue instead.  I would check it out, it is beautiful outside and inside!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I might look at Crestwood, but I am pretty set in the whole Newport wedding idea.  We are getting a good price in Newport, so it makes it that much better!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Kinney, and I cannot wait!!

I think that the separation will not be such a problem if you think of it in a creative way. I definitely would like to set up some sort of seating near the dancing area too, so it feels more of an included space.

The space is gorgeous and I absolutely love the whole feel of it.

Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Saw it today, it was alright, but not the place for us.  Castle Hill Inn it is! :)
  • Options
    mlplavinmlplavin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got married here. It was lovely. They are totally easy to work with, the place is beautiful, and their preferred vendors are really nice. Especially Laurie Marshall (florist).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards