Wedding Party

Bridesmaid Luncheon

Hello ladies!
I really wanted to throw my bridesmaids a nice tea party with just the five of us, where I could make them food (I love to cook) and give them their presents. I've been planning this for a few months, but it looks like it's going to fall through. Two of the bridesmaids are just plain flaky, one is getting marrried two weeks before me, and the other (my MOH) is a nurse who works nights with a crazy schedule.

Do you think it would be okay to do something the evening before the wedding? The rehearsal dinner is supposed to be from 1-4 so there would be time after...I'm just figuring though that after all that wedding related stuff they'd want a break and a chance to be in a galaxy far far away from me!

I'm not sure when else would work...but I really wanted to treat my friends since I can't afford to spoil them with hair, makeup, pedicures, etc. for the wedding. Any ideas?

Re: Bridesmaid Luncheon

• Yeah, scheduling can be really difficult.  I'd run it by them and see how open they'd be to doing it after the RD.  Otherwise, maybe you can get them together after the wedding?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I've always gone to the BM luncheon either the day before (brunch) or the morning of the wedding. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-luncheon-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:f257900c-8931-46f7-8c37-9c73285f6272Post:992dbddc-83f9-46d0-9eaf-3b876038cf46">Re: Bridesmaid Luncheon</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've always gone to the BM luncheon either the day before (brunch) or the morning of the wedding. 
    Posted by gurrlballa10[/QUOTE]

This.  My bridal luncheon was the morning of the rehearsal.  We did a brunch at around 11am and everyone had the afternoon to relax or do whatever they wanted and the rehearsal was at 5:30.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-luncheon-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:f257900c-8931-46f7-8c37-9c73285f6272Post:6ff7d586-e7ef-4981-b671-f347777b6928">Re: Bridesmaid Luncheon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, if you're having to work around all of these schedules and push to get it to come together, I would drop it and give them their gifts at the RD.  I know you want to do something nice for your BMs, but it could easily morph into yet *another* wedding event they feel like they have to attend, rather than being the fun thank-you to your BMs that you are hoping for.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm afraid of! I do like the idea of providing breakfast the day of the wedding though...at least I could be sure they'll have eaten something before it starts getting hectic! I'm going to talk this over with them. If it's too crazy, I'll give them their gifts at the RD.

Thanks everyone for your help!!
  • You could definitely give the gifts at the RD.  You could give your BMs IOUs for a lunch (one-on-one) after the wedding.  After the wedding, when you are in your newlywed bliss, your friends might start to miss you! =)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to Re:Bridesmaid Luncheon:[QUOTE]Honestly, if you're having to work around all of these schedules and push to get it to come together, I would drop it and give them their gifts at the RD.nbsp; I know you want to do something nice for your BMs, but it could easily morph into yet another wedding event they feel like they have to attend, rather than being the fun thankyou to your BMs that you are hoping for. Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

This. Between showers, bachelorette parties, other weddings, other wedding responsibilities, and life/work you might think it is fun but a BM just might see it as another time commitment that they have to take off work for.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards