Catholic Weddings

How can you get sent a Papal Blessing "certificate"?

I've been in some homes where Papal Blessings for a marriage were framed.  It was interesting and I'd like to look into it.  So I tried to Google it and came up with this: http://www.arlingtondiocese.org/worship/papal_blessings.php.  Unfortunately, I'm not from this diocese, but I can't find anything else.  Anyone know more information than this?
Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How can you get sent a Papal Blessing "certificate"?

• edited December 2011
    I've never heard of that before, but it sounds really nice. Could you try calling the Cinncinnati Dioceses office? Or what about asking your parish priest if it is something he can do.
  • edited December 2011
    We got this - the office lady (for lack of a true title) arranged everything for us. I would contact church you're getting married at since my understanding is they need to send in the form.

Cool coincidence, ours arrived from Rome the day of our rehearsal which was a pretty awesome surprise.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to update!

To get an Apostolic Papal Blessing, you must go through your parish.  My deacon submitted an application to the Chancery Office (which every diocese has) over the phone.  The Chancery then sent it to the Apostolic Blessings Office of Papal Charities at the Vatican.  It should take 3-4 months.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards