June 2013 Weddings

Since I can't post this on FaceBook

I'm flying down to Charlotte in a few hours, to surprise my parents!  My dad just started chemo this week, and he's kind of down, so I asked my sister if she would pick me up at the airport for a quick overnight, and the plans are set!  I'm just so excited, and I can't post of FB because I don't want my mom to see it.  My flight is in 4 1/2 hours and I can't wait!!  On a side note, I hope I don't give him a heart attack!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Since I can't post this on FaceBook

• First of all, thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Secondly, this is AWESOME that you are surprising him. When my step-mom was battling cancer I know it made her so happy when I would stop in unexpectedly. 

Keep us updated on how the surprise went and have a safe flight!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Basically everything that pp said. That is so awesome of you I bet your dad is going to be so surprised and happy. Have a safe flight and enjoy your time with your family!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hope you had a nice time in Charlotte! Time spent with family is the best time. Best wishes for your father and the rest of your family as you go through such a challenging time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What an amazing surprise!!  Bless you and your family, a close family member of mine is fighting now and he's gone through more than 20 chemo or radiation treatments and still going strong!  Don't let him be down, this is the best thing to get that devil out of him!  Positivity really does wonders :-)
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Aww that's so sweet that you are surprising him! I'll be praying for your dad and family!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!  The visit was amazing, they had no clue I was coming, my sister got me from the airport and we just showed up.  My dad was so happy, he told me to not bother ever trying to surprise him again, since I could never top this.  It was great! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First off prayers for your Dad and your family and what a great surprise that will be. Enjoy your time with your family.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Prayers going out to your familiy! I totally have been there with the whole someone close to you having cancer so I can definitely relate, It is tough, but hang in there it will get better!

That is such an awesome surprise!! I'm sure he will be thrilled that you took time to go see him in his time of need!

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards