Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Pre Ceremony photos: flowers??

Hi. We are doing an hour of pre ceremony photos, which will be a full two and half hours before the ceremony, since we're having our rehearsal right after the photos. The florist is concerned about the flowers lasting. Any thoughts? Skip the flowers? Go for it? Maybe switch the timing & do rehearsal, then photos. (not sure I can: if the officiant will come an hour earlier). We don't want to take photos during the cocktail hour, because we want to be there/enjoy it, so wedding party photos are all before the ceremony. Thoughts?
Thanks.

Re: Pre Ceremony photos: flowers??

• edited August 2012
    I would think quality flowers should be able to last that long!
    Anniversary
  • Our pictures were done 3 hours before our ceremony, and our florist was worried too (any flowers left out in heat without water will begin to wilt; some types faster than others). We carried around a bucket of water and put the flowers in the bucket whenever they weren't in use. Luckily it wasn't too hot the day of our wedding and the flowers didn't wilt enough to be seen. 

We only had the groom's bout. and the bouquets for the pictures- other bout.'s and corsages were left in an air condititioned room until just before the ceremony. 
  • Try to put them in water when you're not using them.  I think we got our bouquets at like 3:00 in the afternoon, and everything still looked great by 10pm, and we had an outdoor ceremony.  
    DSC_9275
  • Talk to your florist to see if it's flowers in general or if there are specific flowers in your bouquet that she is concerned about and then if it's specific flowers think about replacing them with something that will hold up better.

• Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards