June 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

What's going on ladies?
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• We've mostly been discussing details. Nothing too concrete.

FI ordered a few cheapo, fake weddign bands to figure out what size he needs and how many millimeters he likes. I came home form work one day and he was just wearing one around. So cute.

I went a spoke with the jeweler who's worked on my ring before and discussed getting the ring guard removed. It's doable, but there will be some recontructing he'll have to do since the guard is so thin and they are super solder together now after being resized while soldered. But he still said he can have it done it 2 days. He isn't the cheapest, but I will defnitely pay for the convience of only parting with my ring for a day or two. He had it resized in only five hours last time. Worth the extra money, most definitely. 

We decided on all the food for our tasting in a few weeks. We still need to go over the details list that our venue gave us though. I have my own running details list too that is some what sparse and needs some love.

I ordered a wedding invitation sample that matches our save the dates. We both liked them enough and I'll order them after our details metting next month.

I think that's it. We're leaving to make the 14 hour drive to Chattanooga today so I won't be around much until mid next week ish.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We still have to schedule a tasting with our venue, and we need to talk prices for hor'dourves so we can figure that all out. 

We also need to talk to our venue about whether or not they'll let us hook up an ipod to their dj booth so we can do the wedding ceremony. We didn't know that our DJ charged extra for the ceremony (FI's brother and sister in law didn't have them do the ceremony). FI's parents don't want to pay the extra money if they don't have to. So they're wondering if we can use our venue's microphone's and sound system without paying extra (we'll see...)

I hope our flower lady gets back to us soon. (I'm ordering fake flowers over the internet.) I'm doing a custom order (most of the stuff they already do with just some changes) and some of the things I asked her about they haven't actually made before so she has to price out how much she wants them to be. I emailed her on Monday, but I wanted to get this order out a while ago, because it can take anywhere from 4 to 6 months to get them done, and I want our delivery date to be in April.... So I'm hoping she gets back to me soon.

We still aren't completely decided on our centerpieces yet. At least we're decided on our colors. That makes things much easier. They're very bright and bold.

(I've already posted this on Facebook) I hope you have a fun, safe trip Courtney. 

• I have been lousy with doing wedding stuff this week. We had our first meeting with our caterer last Thursday, and paid his deposit. We've got to figure out a general menu before our next meeting (and the tasting, yay!!) with him in about 6 weeks.

That's really the extent of wedding stuff that I've done this week. I really, really have to stop at the restaurant where we're having our rehearsal dinner to get their menu package options and speak with the owner. I keep forgetting to stop in, despite driving past the place twice a day, five days a week on my way to and from work.
  • Working on a hairdresser for me and the ladies (some of the quotes I've gotten are outrageous)
    Organizing invitations
    Some housekeeping and booking for our wedding night hotel

...can't believe its less than 6 months away!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not much going on.  I finished addressing STDs and some have already been hand delivered.  For those being mailed I have to go get some postage and drop them in the box.  My veil finally arrived! Smile  I totally AW'd that all over the place because I was so excited.

The big check was that I spoke with our photographer on Saturday (FINALLY!).  He's a family friend and has been really busy with his "real life", lol.  I was stressing a little bit over whether we'd be on the same page or he'd understand all the detailed shots I wanted but he was all over it and I feel great about using a friend to do this now.  He's being so completely professional about everything, asking about the details I wanted shots of, suggesting we do a "fun shoot" on the wedding day, etc.  He's suggested 2-3 hours for photography before the ceremony which will include getting ready, a first look, a fun shoot and family pictures.  I'm really excited now!
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We really haven't done too much, we scheduled our tasting for the beginning of January and had my parents decide what they want to try.  I got some invitation samples, and still haven't found the perfect one yet.  FI decided he wanted to build a card box of some sort, so I am excited that he wants to take some ownership with the wedding.  All these little details are very overwhelming and I can't wait until I don't have to make anymore decisions.
  • I am starting on my centerpieces tonight. I found a great way to "paint" the inside of the vases instead of trying AND FAILING to glue ribbon onto them lol. I can't wait to get off work and try it. I've also designed the wedding programs :) I found a great  DIY project on michaels.com for fan wedding programs. I hope to get the guys boutineers done this weekend!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • So yesterday I finally found a new hair salon and I love the girl already. My FSIL recommended her and I am so happy it worked out!  I moved here a year ago and was not keen on finding a new stylist, since I had the same girl back in the bay area I've gone to since I was like 15!  I would keep just getting my hair cut when I went home.  I'm getting married between my current home and my hometown so was stressing over having a stylist that I would already know and trust with my hair.  So anyway, I got my hair done yesterday. The girl was awesome and she is totally down to travel for my wedding, yay (and is affirdable)!  We still have to workout the details, but am just happy that I a) found someone up here I trust and b) that she will travel.  Good day!   

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards