June 2014 Weddings
Options

Today is a good day

It's close to 10am and two great things have already happened today.  :)

First, my aunt gave me the money that I spent on my wedding dress.  She said that she had been planning on buying me my dress as her gift to me but I bought it too quickly so she gave me the money this morning while we were out at breakfast. She would not take no for an answer. Trust me I tried. So basically I now have a dress that was $0.  :)

And the second good thing is that we found our venue!!!  It's where we had breakfast today. They have private banquet rooms and their prices are very reasonable.  We didn't book them yet but we will soon. Their prices are so good that I told FH we could afford to get married in 2013 instead of waiting until 2014. We'll see what happens with that.  ;)

I told my FH that if we get married in 2013 I would cut the budget in half down to $5K. Somehow I think that he was most excited about that part of the conversation.  Haha

Happy Friday ladies!!!  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Today is a good day

• Options
    Wow that's great news!  We could afford to get married in 2013 if we wanted too but my parents would feel much better if we waited and since they are paying I will honor their wishes.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would like to say the heck with it and get married next year but we will probably wind up waiting until 2014 just because we are paying for our wedding ourselves mostly. I also don't want to regret not being able to have or do certain things for the wedding because we pushed the date up. My mom thought it was better that we wait too when I texted her this morning.  She is usually right about EVERYTHING!  Haha  :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's great news!! :) Congrats!! :)
  • Options
    Lynn- Mother always knows best right?  lol  Whatever you choose it will be the right decision I'm sure.
  • Options
    That is definitely great news! Congratulations!
  • Options
    We decided to wait and go with our original date of June 2014.  It's for the best to wait and I know that but I get so impatient sometimes! LOL

I'm still happy that we found the venue that we want though.  That's a big thing that we can cross off the list.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards