Wedding Party

BM gift feedback

I am trying to decide what to get my girls, and from the feedback on here, I already know not to get them anything wedding related as their gift. I do plan on getting them small makeup bags and putting their favorite candy, mini water bottles, and little "day of" things since they are all traveling to be here. I'm sort of a "mom" type so I just see this as thoughtful. Is is still a bad idea if I plan on getting them each something personal as well?

For example, my MOH (who is my sister) will be getting earring made from our grandmother's pearl necklace. They are not to be worn in the wedding since they wouldn't match, but I know she would appreciate having something else of my grandmother's. My friend who loves to cook will be getting cookbooks from our favorite blogger that I know she wouldn't splurge on for herself. The friend that I exchange long letters with will be getting personalized stationary that I designed for her, etc. 

I would love any feedback since I consider the gift part very important. Although I am trying to spend around the same amount on each (with the exception of my sister), do you think it will matter if the gifts are thoughtful? I am a bit stuck with one BM who I am not as close to as I once was, so any more general but thoughtful ideas would be incredibly welcome, too.
Anniversary

Re: BM gift feedback

• I think your plan ius very sweet and thoughtful.

As for your make-up bag full of goodies, I also see it as thoughtful. Even though, like Retread, I would probably have everything I needed, I would never mind having extra little emergency stuff. That would just mean I could have a mini-lint roller, asprin, bandaids, whatever is in there, in multiple purses and not have to transfer it everytime I carried a different bag.

For the not-as-close bridesmaid, maybe a photo album with pictures from when you were close, and blank pages so that more could be added?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-gift-feedback?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:b8192ee8-f917-487a-80b5-ab3fa23552cfPost:5c91a759-3527-4c98-8c6d-6b86b072d914">Re: BM gift feedback</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is the BM that you're not close to anymore a wine lover? As a wine lover myself, I would love a set of pretty glasses (by set I mean 2 - but I love collecting cool glassware) and a bottle of wine. If she's a coffee drinker, you could do something similar with gourmet coffee. If she loves bubble baths, maybe a really nice bathset with the little scrubby gloves?
    Posted by laurelrenee1[/QUOTE]

<div>Oooh that does give me a good idea. She doesn't love wine, but she and I used to always order the same drink when we went out together. Maybe I could get her two beautiful martini glasses...thanks for the idea, don't know why it didn't occur to me!</div><div>
    </div><div>I would personally love the photo album idea, but I think every picture I have of us together is from a theatre production we were in/worked on together. I actually did give her an album like this when we graudated from college. Great minds think alike :)</div><div>
    </div><div>As for the day-of kits, I seem to always be the friend who is asked for a hair tie, or aspirin, or a snack whenever we are out. Most of my friends tend to forget to bring these things and it's almost become a joke that I carry around a "diaper bag" of essentials rather than a purse. You are all probably correct that it's unnecessary, though. I will most likely already have a bag together for myself, so maybe I'll just make sure it's stocked with extras instead of getting everyone something individual.</div>
    Anniversary
  • I love the martini glass idea! and bless you for being so kind and thoughtful to your friends, they'll remember this, and the fact you didn't saddle them with kitschy non gifts.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-gift-feedback?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:b8192ee8-f917-487a-80b5-ab3fa23552cfPost:a2630cf0-9b86-4387-9bc3-5c0dbda6b0f8">Re:BM gift feedback</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I just had one big kit that was a combination first aid, basic office supplies, and beauty essentials like hair spray, Bobbi pins, etc. that everyone used. I think HAVING that stiffish a good idea, but no need for everyone to keep up with their own bagful of it.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>Stage, I keep forgetting to tell you that I come from a theatre background, and that I often stage manage. One of my best friends is also a stage manager, and our officiant is our former technical director.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, in their vein of unneccesary Pinterest ideas, I miiiight have bought a $10 tackle box from Walmart and went crazy with my label maker to create a organizational system for all my random crap. It's now a staple in my car, and I'm sure it will make an appearance at my wedding. Especially because there are 4 mini bottles of Jack in the hidden compartment.</div>
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-gift-feedback?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:b8192ee8-f917-487a-80b5-ab3fa23552cfPost:920b653a-6eec-4f16-bd1e-f65ff77c369b">Re:BM gift feedback</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:BM gift feedback : Stage, I keep forgetting to tell you that I come from a theatre background, and that I often stage manage. One of my best friends is also a stage manager, and our officiant is our former technical director. Also, in their vein of unneccesary Pinterest ideas, I miiiight have bought a $10 tackle box from Walmart and went crazy with my label maker to create a organizational system for all my random crap. It's now a staple in my car, and I'm sure it will make an appearance at my wedding. Especially because there are <strong>4 mini bottles of Jack in the hidden compartment.</strong>
    Posted by RWolff[/QUOTE]

I don't see how you could have a wedding at all without those ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards