September 2012 Weddings
Options

Dress/sash help (lots of PIP)

We're having a small wedding and I wanted a pretty simple dress. Sunday I modeled my dress for my mother and started to have some regrets, thinking it might be too simple. Plus I was feeling down about my weight and felt like it just looked like a big white blob.

I think a sash might help on both fronts.

Tell me what you think ladies. Should I pick one of these styles of sash, go with no sash, or keep on looking? FTR my earrings are sparkly with clear and sapphire crystals and I will have white flowers with a sparkly center in my hair. 

Here is me in my dress last August

This is me in the dress in December with a sash on just as an example (#1). 

Here are a few other styles of sashes I have considered:

#2 Embellished lace

#3 Blue rhinestone

#4 Lace over a colored ribbon

#5 simple lace
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Dress/sash help (lots of PIP)

• Options
    I think the colored ribbon with the bling really adds a lot to the dress.  Lace would just get lost on a white dress, IMO.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_dresssash-help-lots-of-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f47a064c-4aaf-4680-acf7-8ab550b0559bPost:9a1fd736-695c-45e3-aa9d-286313cf33b7">Re: Dress/sash help (lots of PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the colored ribbon with the bling really adds a lot to the dress.  Lace would just get lost on a white dress, IMO.
    Posted by MrsBassPlaya[/QUOTE]

<div>I completely agree with this. I love the first sash.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options

I agree with PPs, if you're going to do a sash go with a color.  I think the first one looks great!

image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    I agree with all the PP. The colored sash looks great with the dress!
    Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image
  • Options
    Agreed!  The splash of color is nice!  The lace ones would not be noticeable enough to add much to the dress. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    Well I am glad I posted this. I was leaning towards #2.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The colored sash with the rinstone is amazing with that dress. It makes you look a good 15-20lbs lighter. I am having the same problem, so am putting almost the same sash on my dress, just in pink to match my bridesmaids. The sashes are great to show off our waists.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I definitely think #3- blue rhinestones.  Since your earrings will be having the sapphires in them I think the blue sash will look amazing!

p.s- I also have a very simple dress... and I went out and bought a sash as well.  It definitely adds just enough to the dress!  :)
  • Options
    Definitely something with color.  White lace will not show really and wouldn't be worth it since it won't add much if anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards