Not Engaged Yet

Gah, so excited!

I LOVE Christmas. If six years working retail wasn't enough to change that, I suspect I always will. So I decided to host my own dinner this year, seeing as this is our first Christmas as a family. I started out only inviting my Nana, but somehow my sisters invited themselves and now my estranged mother is coming too. I'm ok with it, she's been a lot better since I had the baby and it will be nice to show off how well I've done without her help :P
So now the guest count is up to 6 (plus me, the man and mini man, so 8.5 in total)

I've never cooked for so many people before, but with BFs help, I'm sure I can manage. I've gone nuts downloading christmas music, movies and tv specials. I've even got that fireplace video for the tv!  We just got our tree last night, my first one since I was about 10. I can't wait to get it decorated, the rest of the house is pretty much done. I think I'm taking it all much more seriously this year because it's my son's first. This is the start of a whole childhood of magical Christmases :)
 *sighs dreamily*  

Anywho...Hope you ladies are feelin festive! I also hope TK gets it's shiit together soon, getting a little sick of threads being a jumbles mess!

Re: Gah, so excited!

• Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ah that sounds so exciting! Our house is all decorated and tree up. Found out the kind of tree we got, im allergic to it! Broke out in hives all over my hands while trying to put the lights on :( boo no fun.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you!

• edited December 2011
    I predict everything will go off without a hitch! When cooking for a large group, try to keep the recipes fairly simple and make as much ahead as possible. Re-heating is a definite trick of mine.
  • edited December 2011
    I've gotta get off my butt and put up my lights and make sure I have enough candles! My holiday starts in 14 days! Last year by the time we got to night 6, we ran out of candles and had to go buy more >_< 

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome! I want to host a holiday so badly! I'd love nothing more than to host a Christmas Eve party, but my little apartment is so not big enough. I need to move :/
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_gah-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e6fbcc9-e18a-46ef-91d0-1203299aaf28Post:adf810b6-cce1-42c8-9b93-5919f62e0143">Re: Gah, so excited!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I predict everything will go off without a hitch! When cooking for a large group, try to keep the recipes fairly simple and make as much ahead as possible. Re-heating is a definite trick of mine.
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]

<div>Totally! </div><div>I'm going to peel my root veggies the day before to save myself the hassle :) </div>
  • elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're getting me so excited just reading your description. I always loved Christmas. Last year kinda was a bummer because FI couldn't come, but he'll be with me this year!!

Make sure to take lots of pictures, especially for the little man's first Christmas! You won't want to forget anything!! : ) Did you get a real tree or a fake one? We'd love a real one, but went with fake this year and probably until we get a house. I can't wait!
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I love Christmas! My FI and I already have so many traditions together coupled with the ones that we've had with our families. I love Christmas day but I have to say that Christmas Eve is my favorite... and I love the suspense of waiting until the next morning to open your presents.

My FI and I set up our mini fake tree, the weekend after Thanksgiving. Complete with lights, ornaments and bows :) My family and I are getting our real tree this weekend! squeeee!

The only Christmas movie we have watched so far is Elf. I can't wait to watch more and have some mint hot chocolate from DD.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    That is so exciting!!! I finished buying all mysupplies to make a wreath for our door and the docarations we will use this year. FI even picked out a special ornament for us. Its a snow man and on his belly it says, :Love never melts" :) FI is so cute!

We are buying a tree on thursday and getting it all set up before the weekend! I can't wait :) I bought the Michael Buble Christmas CD last night so we are going to listen to it while we decorate!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    That's exciting! I look forward to buying a house (instead of a condo) where we can have family over our place for holidays!
    5/27/12
  • edited December 2011
    I'm happy to see so many people looking forward to the holidays :)
    We got a real tree, it smells pine-tastic! 
    The downside:
    I've been sweeping up pine needles all day and theres still more falling off. I think we forgot to give it water right away...oops.
  • edited December 2011
    sam as Jaycee I look forward to buying a house some day to invite all the family to come over and host.  Right now they wouldn't fit in my condo.  I need to get my act together and the decorations out of my closet and start decorating pronto.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards