New York-Hudson Valley

Places to stay around Bear Mountain Inn

Hi, my sister is getting married in Sept. at the Bear Mountain Inn. We are from  Rochester and are not familiar with the area of this venue.

Any suggestions for hotels or houses to rent around the area?

Thanks!

Re: Places to stay around Bear Mountain Inn

• edited December 2011

Is that place opened? I thought it was closed for renovations. Have they finished?

Anyway, your best bet for hotels is either Tarrytown or Fishkill since both are on Route 9 and both towns have multiple hotels to select from.

• edited December 2011
    Terri, we went to look there for our wedding back in April or so and they were closed. The guy we met with said they'd be done by the end of the summer but I doesn't seem they met that deadline, though I'd hope by next September it would be done, haha.

To the OP - When we were there we were told that there are cabins on the premises for weddings and other events. And they also have another building they do weddings in that has hotel-like rooms in it, right up the road. I'd inquire about them. You wouldn't have to travel to get to them really, they're right near the inn.
  • jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The closest hotel is Holiday Inn express in Fort Montgomery NY.  The hotel is pretty new and nice.  HTH
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • bridaljoybridaljoy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bear Mt a week ago and all the construction was stopped and it looked like they had a long way to go.  I can't wait till they reopen!
    Look into the Overlook Lodge, it is rustic but right in Bear Mt. 
  • mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at the Thayer Hotel and some of my guests stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Ft. Montgomery.  It's probably only a couple of miles from The Bear Mountain Inn.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There is also a Hampton Inn in Central Valley. If you like shopping you'd be near a HUGE outlet center - Woodbury Commons. However, the traffic going over the mountain can be a little crazy in the summer.
  • mystinamariemystinamarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Inn is being renovated, but the Overlook Lodge and the Merry go round pavilion are still available for weddings.

The Overlook Lodge has 24 rooms right there, on site. As well as four 6 bedroom cabins right there. If your sister is getting married there, she should be setting up a wedding block of rooms. I'm getting married there in Dec. and I have a 20 room block b/w the lodge and cabin rooms for guests.

There are a TON of hotels and motels around that area - do a google maps search. West Point is 3 miles to the north so it's a popular area for hotels.
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards