Arizona-Phoenix

A slightly specific question - shorter dresses! (PIP!)

Does anybody know of a shop with a good selection of tea length or knee length dresses?  I've found specific dresses I like online, but I'm getting to the point where I just want to try anything on in the length I like until I just pick something already.

Also, I went to DB today and tried on this dress.

Sorry for the awkward picture, of course the dress that ends up being my favorite is the only one my FI didn't get a good shot of.  Opinions?

Re: A slightly specific question - shorter dresses! (PIP!)

• NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like it!
    Photobucket
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ha...I totally get that too.  so far my favorite I dont' have a straight on shot at the front. 

I think that dress looks great on you!
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nycegrrl99nycegrrl99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uptown Bridal in Chandler carries an amazing designer out of CA who specializes in tea length dresses.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I really like it, but in the back of my mind there is that fear that I will regret not having a pretty princess dress.

nyc - Stephanie James Couture?  I love some of her dresses but I can't justify spending $1500 on a dress Cry

Does anybody know if Azteca might have some tea-length styles?  Or should I just suck it up and drive over there?

Here is some beading detail: 

Preeeeetty.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Just a note - if you go to Azteca, make sure to bring someone to help you fasten dresses etc. 

there have been various reports of service there, but we didn't get any help from anyone when we were there. 

(I didnt' notice many short dresses, but then again I wasn't looking for them, so no real idea of what they have)

Amy & Ian

image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that dress is lovely!

You could also try looking at tea length bridesmaid dresses in white and ivory.  Just a thought.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip on Azteca, I always got the impression that their service was akin to a large warehouse type store. 

Celles, I actually have a bridesmaid dress picked out that I need to find time to try on!  Clicky.  Dessy has a few really nice styles I am trying to hunt down.

• nycegrrl99nycegrrl99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim, that's the one...she's amazing isn't she?

My SIL wore a tea length dress she bought at AZ bridal warehouse in Mesa. She said they had tons to choose from and she paid less than $500
  • edited December 2011
    Nice!  I will definitely look into that.
  • edited December 2011
    I noticed a couple of dresses at Azteca that were tea-length.  But you're right about the service- very spotty.

Went to Suzanne's- really didn't see any shorter dresses.

The ladies at DB picked my dresses for me so I don't know what they have to offer :/

First Comment
    edited December 2011

kim - I was just online looking through some Alfred Angelo dresses and saw that they had a lot of short dress options.  May want to look up which stores carry them locally

Amy & Ian

image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_slightly-specific-post-shorter-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:ee5aced1-16ec-48db-af56-6c60f8828057Post:2bfd3ec9-753c-4625-a078-369d1751bdf5">Re: A slightly specific question - shorter dresses! (PIP!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I noticed a couple of dresses at Azteca that were tea-length.  But you're right about the service- very spotty. Went to Suzanne's- really didn't see any shorter dresses. The ladies at DB picked my dresses for me so I don't know what they have to offer :/
    Posted by Beckity[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was told by the girl helping me at Suzanne's that they had one and she pointed to it, and then in the same breath she told me they didn't have any... and then my brain exploded.

Thanks for all the tips everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards