Massachusetts

DJ or Live Band? Recommendations?

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to decide on whether to hire a DJ or have a live band for my friend's wedding.  The wedding is going to be in Western MA.  If you've had good experiences with a DJ or live band, can you tell me about it??  Or... not so good experiences will be helpful too...

Thanks!

Nicole

Re: DJ or Live Band? Recommendations?

• Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister was married on our family farm in Western Mass. last month and she used the same band that we did, Soul Revival.  They are in NYC, but obviously travel to that area.  We were both thrilled with them, they are amazing!!!  Their website is: www.soulrevivalband.com
    HTH!
    Rose
  • edited December 2011
    DJ Melee (Jason Palermo) is a CT board fav and i think he may travel.  I booked him for my Wedding in April and by far he was the easiest vendor to hire.  Inexpensive and very friendly. Here's his website: 
    http://www.musicbymelee.com/FAQ.html
    "All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image
  • edited December 2011
    I'd go with a DJ.  We had a band at our wedding and they weren't too good.  My sister and a few of my friends had Absolute Entertainment as their DJ and Greg did a fantastic job! At all events, he was conistent and all were a blast! At each wedding, the dance floor was packed....everyone had an awesome time! 

We already booked him for my neices wedding:)   Check him out at www.bestmobiledj.com 

Good luck and enjoy your special day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards