Massachusetts-Cape Cod

photograpgher and cost?!?!

Hi ladies, I'm new here. Was looking into photographers, and a couple came recommended to me, I have NO IDEA how much is too much, but the guy I really want, who has my date available, it's gonna be about $3,300 thats up to 7 hours with an asst. . . . . . . . . is that normal?!?!

Re: photograpgher and cost?!?!

• Photographers are all over the board for pricing! Typically what Ive heard is that you dont need a 2nd photog unless you have more than 200 at the wedding, but its all personal preference. I used Tricia Leclair, "a perfect picture" she was amazing! Also Amanda at ShoreShotz is great!
  • How much was she? I feel like $3,300 is alot! His packages all have an asst. except for the level one, but that only gives us 5 hours. . . . . and whats a side?!?! Lol! All of his packages say they come with a certain amount of "sides"
  • I dont know what a "side" is but Tricias packages start around $1500, and include rights as long as your order atleast one print.... having rights meant I was able to make our album on a website myself & with some coupon searching I got our album for $20! My one piece of advice is to make sure you have reprint rights! Much cheaper to have them printed yourself then thru the photographer!     http://www.aperfectpicture4you.com/
  • We're using Rhonwen Churchill for a similar package and are paying about 1/2-2/3 of that price.
    Anniversary
  • we are using portrait new england.  Bill and Naome customize the package to work with in your budget.  We are having 8 hrs, 2 photographers, and engagement session andall our pic on a dvd for 1500.  Def worth checking out.
  • Amanda at ShoreShotz is incredible! Her prices are reasonable and she is fantastic to work with. I can wait for her to shoot my wedding in a few weeks! Our engagement shoot was also awesome!
  • edited May 2012
    Prices can vary depending on the experience of the photographer to what is included in the packages. You can find a great photogapher for every budget you just need to look. Just remember if it sounds to good to be true it most likely is. The photographer is in my opinion the most important vendor. I would say the average price is around $2200.~

My pricing starts at $!200~ and all packages include a second shooter. I think a second shooter is a necessity to capture every part of your day.

http://feliciamcternanphotography.com/
  • Photographer pricing is usually determined by their experience, skill, and how in demand they are. The better ones charge more, and the best ones are much higher than what you're looking at. His pricing is kind of mid range, so that means he is probably pretty good and well experienced. Photography is one of those things where you definitely get what you pay for. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_photograpgher-and-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:a2ed5f72-9f4f-4285-ac20-6c116db65165Post:a1b87cce-f8ba-4715-92fd-478b925e8963">Re: photograpgher and cost?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]we are using portrait new england.  Bill and Naome customize the package to work with in your budget.  We are having 8 hrs, 2 photographers, and engagement session andall our pic on a dvd for 1500.  Def worth checking out.
    Posted by jerseychic24[/QUOTE]

We went with Bill & Naome for our Memorial Day Weekend wedding on the Vineyard...they were great!  We loved the engagement session pictures and just saw the teaser of our wedding pictures...can't wait to see the rest of them!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards