Louisiana-New Orleans

Band recommendations

Im looking for recommendations for a good band other than the usual Bucktown Allstars or the Boogiemen....any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance!!

Melissa

Re: Band recommendations

• apapale22apapale22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Melissa,

When I was looking at bands, I really liked the "Mixed Nuts."  Also, check out "The Wiseguys" if you're looking for a band with some horns.  They were reasonably priced and were great about returning emails & phone calls.  "Groovy 7" looked good, and then there's always the "The Top Cats" who also fun.

Hope that helps! 
    Angela
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, Angela!!
  • mabezanmabezan member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into Mojeaux too!
  • edited December 2011
    I just got married 2 weeks ago and "After 8" performed at my reception. They were awesome, and they really got the crowd on their feet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lizzybotz28lizzybotz28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used the Mixed Nuts and they were awesome.  Had everyone dancing all night and a good mix of music for the "old" and "young" among us!
  • klosbornklosborn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked MoJEAUX for our wedding in July 2011.  I am so excited.   Also in our top 3 were Top Cats and Groovy 7.   Definitely check out MoJEAUX!!
  • edited December 2011
    contact the 9 piece horn band CUISINE at cuisinetheband@aol.com  60's -70's horn music of Chicago, BST, Tower of Power, EWF and Motown, 70's classic rock, 80's horn pop, 50's, 40's big band swing, dixieland jazz, some country / cajun
    www.cuisinetheband.com   very reasonably priced... not looking to break anyones bank... All the members have 30= years performing .  stack them up against any of the named bands in the city
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards