Texas-Austin

Recs- Spray tan and waxing

I had an awful waxing experiece when I lived in Austin (the place has since closed down). I haven't been anywhere else in Austin and the only place I trust going here in Killeen charges $100 (which IMO is overpriced).  Where would you ladies recommend?

Also, where do you ladies recommend for spray tanning?

(I am open to go anywhere, but would prefer something in central/south Austin as that is where I will be staying the wedding week.) TIA!

Re: Recs- Spray tan and waxing

• edited December 2011
    Embellish (triangle) is where I go for waxing & they are great - they are opening a new location in Westlake early March too.

I've done spray tan before and I hate it (the smell mostly, but it also doesn't look great on my skin tone/color). I'm thinking of trying an airbrush tan instead. If I go check it out pre-wedding I'll def let you knowhow it goes.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• edited December 2011
    Give Angie at Blush Salon a call.  I go to her for waxing and she's amazing.  Check out her Yelp reviews.  She's in north-central Austin (45th and Medical Arts).

When I did Mistic tanning I went to Palm Beach Tan.  I mostly went because they had unlimited spray tans for like $40 a month, but the staff was nice, the facilities were clean, and I rarely had to wait for a booth. 
  • edited December 2011
    Tess at Maximum FX is amazing.  I have really sensitive skin and always got little bumps when I was waxed by other people.  I've never had that experience with Tess.  I've been seeing her for about 4 years now and have been very happy.  I always get compliments on my eyebrows (and my bikini line is never an issue).  And, she's the most professional aesthetician I've ever seen.
  • mindee4614mindee4614 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's pretty far north, but Sharla at Airbrush Tans of Austin is really good.. http://www.airbrushtansaustin.com/ I normally mystic once a week at darque tan, but I've used her a couple of times for special occasions and I'd definitely recommend her.  
  • edited December 2011
    The Waxing Studio (there's one at William Cannon and Brodie) is good for waxing - ask for Melissa.  Also, I got an Airbrush tan at Aruba Tan on Rio Grande (right by campus) and it was good.  I'm going again before my wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards