Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party invite wording

Long story short: Bachelorette party starting with dinner then going to a club. On the invite what would be a good way to say that guests will pay for their own dinner.

I understand some people see it as poor etiqutte to invite people to a party and make them pay for their own dinner but I would really appreciate just replies on ways to write this on an invitation.
Thank you. 

Re: Bachelorette Party invite wording

• loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I wouldn't send out invitations since invitations are for 'hosted' events. The best thing to do is have the MOH or whoever is organizing it, make the calls to let them know about dinner/club. There's no polite way to tell someone to take $ on an invitation.

• natalieervinnatalieervin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Put at the bottom of the invite something like "Your meal will be a dutch treat." We had an event like this and that is what we put on the invite and no one had a problem with it.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Facebook invite!   Every bachelor/ette party I have been to has a facebook invite.  It gets all the details across, but it's casual enough to set the tone for a bachelor/ette party.
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-party-invite-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:639c172c-4fee-46b3-be1c-f58aa3a07a9dPost:ae1e7c3a-71a9-45c8-a0e0-29b6dba322b6">Bachelorette Party invite wording</a>:
    [QUOTE] I understand some people see it as poor etiqutte to invite people to a party and make them pay for their own dinner but I would really appreciate just replies on ways to write this on an invitation. Thank you. 
    Posted by pandabearrr[/QUOTE]
    At least you admit you're being rude.

How about, "Be prepared to pay for your own booze?"
    "Come to a party! But only if you pay for yourself."
    "We want you to come, but we can't afford you, so bring some cash of your own."

You yourself admitted it's poor etiquette. So any wording is rude. Geddit?

Look, most people know they pay for themselves at a bachelor and bachelorette party, so why mention anything about cost? No, really, why do you feel the need to mention it? Don't mention it and no harm, no foul.
  • lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never gone to a bach party and expected my meal to be paid for. So don't worry about the wording. Unless everyone knows that your host is extremely rich, I would not think they would expect it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp's every bachelorette party I've been to, I've paid my own way and it's usually expected unless otherwise noted by the hosts.

Also, ditto the FB invite. I've received a few invites in the mail (actual invites went out in the mail for mine) but I've gotten more bachelorette invites via Facebook. It's free and all the details are right there and it's easier to keep tabs on who's coming and who's not.
  • edited December 2011
    FSIL2 planned FSIL1's bach party.  She sent out an email saying, hey, the plan is to go to NYC for FSIL1's bach party.  We're doing dinner and a show, and bus ticket will be this amount and dinner will be about this amount.  Let me know if you're in."

I went.  I paid.  I didn't mind.  A few girls flipped out after the fact over the cost, but it was pretty much on target of what was communicated and my opinion was that they shouldn't have gone if they didn't want to pay.

I would never go on a bach party bar crawl and expect the BMs to pick up the tab for my drinks; I don't see the difference between that and a dinner.  I'd be miffed about having to pay my way for a shower, but I see the bach party as a slightly different animal.
  • lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto about PP. When I go out to a bar for a bach party it is not different then just a normal girls nite at a bar. This is only in celebration of the lovely bride :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards