Moms and Maids

Choosing the MOH

I have had my 2 best friends since we were in 4th and 5th grade, and those 2 have been best friends before i met them.  "A" had her sister in law be her MOH (even though she did none of the actual duties) because her husbands brother was the best man.  I stood second and our other friend "B" stood third. 

I am equally close to both of them, and now I don't know who to choose. They will be working together to do all the BM duties so there is no difference there.  B's daughter will be 3.5 years old and my one of 3 flower girls. I feel like B should stand by my side because I have known her longer and she had to be 3rd at A's wedding, but its hard to choose!!  I will have one more maid, she is my newer best friend from texas and her daughter will also be a flower girl, same age.

Any tips on how you choose when you truly have 2 best friends??
Thank you!

Re: Choosing the MOH

• tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_choosing-moh-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:ff729c7e-72e5-4c5b-b95e-fc76d5ec37c8Post:cdd51736-e76a-430e-81a6-1037583c8f0c">Choosing the MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have had my 2 best friends since we were in 4th and 5th grade, and those 2 have been best friends before i met them.  "A" had her sister in law be her MOH (even though she did none of the actual duties) because her husbands brother was the best man.  I stood second and our other friend "B" stood third.  I am equally close to both of them, and now I don't know who to choose. They will be working together to do all the BM duties so there is no difference there.  B's daughter will be 3.5 years old and my one of 3 flower girls. I feel like B should stand by my side because I have known her longer and she had to be 3rd at A's wedding, but its hard to choose!!  I will have one more maid, she is my newer best friend from texas and her daughter will also be a flower girl, same age. Any tips on how you choose when you truly have 2 best friends?? Thank you!
    Posted by kaijasmom[/QUOTE]

Who would you call at 3 am if your dog died or your car broke down?  That person should be your MOH.  If you still can't decide between them, don't name a MOH at all - just have them all be bridesmaids.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • kaijasmomkaijasmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha, I would do a 3 way call to both of them! We are a trangle of best friends if you know what I mean. Isnt the person who stands closest to you the maid of honor?
  • kd137108kd137108 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't want to choose between my two sisters (one's older and the other is younger). My older sister made me her maid of honor for her wedding. Rather than making one feel left out I made my older sister my matron of honor and my younger sister my maid of honor. People are confused by this but I simply tell them that it's my wedding day and I'll do what I want.
    But I agree with the other comments, you don't have to have a maid of honor
  • sarah42ndsarah42nd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say you can have them both be MOHs or you can have them both be just plain BMs.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards