California-San Diego
Options

wedding at la valencia - lighting question

Does anyone have any intell on uplighting? How many lights does one need? what color for a classy event? i know nothing about lights so any help is appreciated :) thanks

Re: wedding at la valencia - lighting question

• Options
    edited January 2013
    That would depend on the space.  If it's a ballroom I would guess you could 1 light every 10 feet or if it's  a roomwith a lot of detailing or interesting architecture then you could choose to highlight those details. As far as "classy" colors again that depends on what your wedding colors are, amber looks great and romantic [comparable to candle light], blue is great for a "cool" effect and can make a room feel like a party atmosphere . The color that can look odd and isn't super flattering to skin tones is green and red can be a bit harsh. 

• Options
    Our DJ did our uplighting for us and we went with his recommendations. It was also less expensive than some other quotes we got since it was one less vendor to do set up and breakdown. What room are you in at La Valencia? Try doing a google image search of photos of the name of the room you will be in. I'd be surprised if you didn't get some results with uplighting so you can see what you like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards