Pennsylvania

NWR: Whitewater Recommendation

I have been to Pocono, PA several times but was looking for a recommendation for the best whitewater company.  It will be most of our group's first time, but we're looking for adventure.  It looks like the Class II III trip on Lehigh will be for us.  Any recs?  TIA!

Also, we're thinking of camping at Mauch Chunk Lake Park if you have any opinions about that.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.

Re: NWR: Whitewater Recommendation

• benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the Lehigh!  I used to kayak it all the time.  My FI was a guide for Whitewater Challengers a few years ago and we would see that company on the river all the time.  I have heard good things about them although I have never paid to do a trip with them.  I think you can have either a guided trip with a guide in your raft with you or unguided where kayakers paddle alongside you.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks.  We would definitely want to be on our own w/guides in kayaks.  Does every company have that option?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am almost positive that it is an option.  You can check their website or give them a call to confirm.

Anniversary image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • peanut133peanut133 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not very much adventure on the Lehigh.

You can also just tube it. Our family does it all the time. Much more relaxed and free!
  • edited December 2011

Lol to the not much adventure.  I am aware but also am a chicken for my first time. =)

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The adventure depends on the section.  There are some good class III sections from White Haven all the way down to Jim Thorpe.
    Anniversary image
    my to-read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards