Wedding Invitations & Paper

Does the RSVP date need to fall on a Friday?

OK, I swore I read this somewhere, that your RSVP date should be on a Friday. I can't remember why or where i saw it, but does anyone know of this? My wedding is on a Saturday, and I was just backing it out to a prior Saturday for my RSVP date. Can't seem to find this anywhere online so far!

TIA!
June 19, 2010
Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Does the RSVP date need to fall on a Friday?

• My RSVP date is one month before my wedding - which falls on a Wednesday.  I could be wrong on this, but I think it's better to make it a date that stands out in your guests' minds rather than a random friday.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • When does your caterer need the final headcount?  That should determine your RSVP date, because you'll need to give yourself extra time (about a week or so) to track down people who didn't RSVP.  It think setting the RSVP date as a week before your wedding might be cutting it a bit close, since you can't really start calling people until the RSVP date has passed.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I've never heard it need to fall on a certain day of the week.  Can't see why it would matter since you can get mail 6 days a week?

We needed our numbers 1 week out, we added a week to track down any missing ones.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I know when the RSVP date would be about (I just made it 4 weeks out from June 19 - May 22). But then I was second guessing myself, thinking it had to fall on a Friday (May 21). LIke I said, I don't remember where I heard that, but I just wanted to see if that was something other people knew about!
    June 19, 2010
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Nope.  Day of the week doesn't matter.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I made my RSVP date three weeks before the wedding, which falls on a Saturday. I hope that's right, because I already printed the RSVP cards!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards