Just Engaged and Proposals

The Phantom Ring

We got engaged Saturday, 3/17/12. I could not be happier! The man, the proposal, and the ring are all perfect for me. The only problem is, the ring was way too big. I got to wear if for only 3 days before we took it in to get resized yesterday. For the past 24 hours I've had this feeling as if the ring was still on. It almost feels as if my ring finger is asleep! It must be in my head since I want that ring back on my finger ASAP, but has anyone else had this feeling when they had to give their ring up for a few days?

Re: The Phantom Ring

• I had the same sensation in the first few days I was engaged when I took it off.

Once you're fully used to it (ie you don't even feel it when it's on) you probably won't have that phantom feeling anymore.

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_the-phantom-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:aa65e60c-f130-4b7d-b9c4-d508ac9a352cPost:c59339b4-c442-44e8-906e-077f8396292b">Re: The Phantom Ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had the same sensation in the first few days I was engaged when I took it off. Once you're fully used to it (ie you don't even feel it when it's on) you probably won't have that phantom feeling anymore.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]
    ditto
  • I had my e-ring and wedding bands soldered together before the wedding, so I was without my ring for 2 weeks after having worn it for over a year.  It definitely felt weird for the first few days, but I got used to it pretty quick.  It wasn't so much a 'phantom' feeling though, it's just that I subconsiously spin my ring when I'm bored, and I noticed it when I'd go to do that, and it was gone. LOL.
    Anniversary
  • A year before my FI propsed he got me a promise ring, which I wore on my left hand. Two of the stones fell out of it (just before our 5-year anniversary...I was sooo upset!) and I didn't wear it for almost a month. I had to go and find another ring to wear because I would start freaking out when I didn't see it on my finger! I was so happy when I got it back, and then 2 months later he proposed. Now I wear my e-ring on my left hand and the promise ring on my right hand. So now I start freaking out when I don't have rings on either hand, lol!
  • Oh yea.
    We took my ring to get sized 4 days after he proposed and I felt naked. Those were the worst 2 days without it, lol. Even now it feels weird when it's not on, it's like another body part. You don't notice it when it's there but once it's gone you're like OH MY GOD!!!! lol
  • Congrats on the engagement! I agree, I ALWAYS feel weird without my ring on!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_the-phantom-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:aa65e60c-f130-4b7d-b9c4-d508ac9a352cPost:1bca3015-ee71-4bf8-9a5a-a9ea2e6adaaf">Re: The Phantom Ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on the engagement! I agree, I ALWAYS feel weird without my ring on!
    Posted by amonis[/QUOTE]
    Me too!
  • I feel it. My e-ring is out as I'm getting a custom-made wedding band and they need my e-ring as a mold. It's been 3 weeks and I still have 1 to go. I feel so naked :(
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • I feel naked without my e-ring, it's normal. Congrats on your engagement, your ring is beautiful!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had it taken from me twice due to sizing ... it was terrible !!!
    Love is All You Need
  • My ring was sent away for a long 37 days and felt so lost..... my honey surprised me with it today and asked me all over again "will you marry me"... I knew his charm would say it all... Love you Dallas...
  • That happens to me every night when i put my ring in it's box (ring is small but sharp so sleeping with it on would prove to be a bit dangerous)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards