New York-Western

Bridal shower

Hi all, I'm looking for suggestions on shower locations, I'm having two and the people hosting for me want a few ideas from me. One will likely be held in the south towns and the other could be anywhere. I don't want anything too fancy or formal and would like to keep it inexpensive for the hosts. Any ideas???

Re: Bridal shower

• I had my shower at The Columns at Alton's on Transit Rd. near Seneca St.  I always go to Alton's for dinner because their food is sooo good and reasonably priced and their banquet food was just as great and priced right.  The room is really nice (but not too fancy).  We had the breakfast buffet with the omelette station.  Jill (the banquet manager) is really helpful and accommodating.  I highly recommend them!

www.thecolumnsbanquets.com
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • one of mine will be at banchettis.  not sure if that's too formal for you
    i've been to one at the protocol (on transit) which was really pretty without being over-the-top formal.  Milos on Main street has a VERY pretty upstairs room (contemporary light blue/black/grey vibe with crystal accents). 

the size of your shower invite list will dictate the type of place.  if its a small gathering (under 30ish people), you could get away with almost any restaurant that has a private room
  • Mine was at the University Inn. It was very nice and I would recommend it.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I had mine at the Protocol.  I wanted something different, so I had a Wednesday evening cocktail shower.  It was awesome!  It lasted about 2 hours.  We only had cocktails and hors d'oevres.  We had a chinese auction station and would pull winners every so often in between opening gifts.  I had probably about 45 people at my shower, but we got through everything swiftly and quickly.  I will note that we had spread the word through my bridesmaids that my FI (at the time) and I would prefer gift cards, since we already lived together and had many items.  We still registered because we know people like doing gifts for a shower.
    Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but the amount of moments that take you breath away. - Anon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards